5. Attack

Eh?

How-

He's been sitting there for 15 minutes already! Was the drug not effective?! But it was the strongest drug in the world! How strong is he?!

I saw him staring at me and smirking.

He found out.

Oh well, my identity has been exposed.

While Kiara kept chatting happily with us, I spun a knife in my hand under the table.

Let's test Mr Handsome's skills.

I aimed for his thigh sideways so it'll hit his internal organs. But as the tip was about to rip his jeans, he grabbed my hand tightly and twisted my hand. I reacted quickly and dropped the knife on the sofa.

I grabbed his fist and pushed it back and reached back for the knife a second later. I sliced his wrist so as to give him a stern warning.

He smirked at me while i just smiled at him.

"Is something going on under the table?" Kiara questioned, having a big grin on her face.

"Hm, you have a very interesting friend here Kiara." Brian commented.

"Really?" Kiara tilted her head while putting her elbow on the table leaning on her fist.

"Yea. But if you excuse me, I have to visit the restroom."

He looked at me before heading towards the bathroom.

"I'll head to the ladies' too." I said.

"Sure sure. I'll be at the dance floor." Kiara winked.

I chuckled and left.

As expected, he was waiting for me at the second floor.

"Carmen Santini. The world's best assassin, niece of the Mexican Mafia, Blood Dragon." He smirked.

"And Brian Garcia. Mexico's top criminal. " I crossed my arms.

"I see you were assigned by the government to assassinate me. I knew they wouldn't let me off so easily. Should've just let me stay in prison." He sighed.

"How's the drug doing for you?"

"Ah well, Krokodil is certainly deadly, but uh, love, that's not the furthest my drug tolerance can go."

"Well, that's a surprise. I would've thought that have done the trick." I pouted.

"I'm sorry love, your first attempt didn't work."

"It's ok, i can always try again. "

I swifted the knife towards his chest area, he dodged it and reached to grab my arm, forcefully pushing me to the ground. I spun around and jumped up, stopping his foot with my heels and he yelped in pain.

Never underestimate the power of heels.

I used my knee to kick his balls and he cursed.

Using the knife on the hand he grabbed, i stabbed his stomach. I pulled his arm and flipped him over. I sat on top of him and crossed my leg.

"You-"

"Nah uh, I'm the one asking the questions here." I shut him up.

"Ugh."

"So question one. Does Kiara know everything?"

"Yes. But she doesn't know that you're the Carmen Santini. She's skilled at self-defense and guns. But she never wanted to come into the criminal world. "

"Well, it might be hard to deliver her the news then."

"Yea, you figure that out yourself."

"Question two. What made you so violent."

"Why do you want to know so badly Santini."

"So that I can pass the tale of me killing the top criminal in Mexico. His past, his present, and his non-existent future."

He rolled his eyes.

"You wouldn't understand." He muttered.

"How could I if you don't explain anything. "

"Yea no. I don't wish to die for you to continue my tale."

"But Garcia, you're gonna die tonight."

"Don't be so sure my love." He smirked.

He stood up furiously, making me lose my balance and dropping the knife in my hand. Before I had time to react, he had me cornered with the knife an inch away from my neck.

"Don't underestimate me love. I still have a mission in this world. And I'm not stopping till i complete it. You can kill me after i don't care. "

"What mission." I breathed.

"Why would i tell you."

"My job is to kill you. And I can clearly see i'm incapable of doing so right now. "

"Smart move. But i don't have to tell you anything. You can come and try to kill me every day if you'd like. But i'll stop you every time. There's no way i'm dying in the hands of a hot lady just yet."

"Heh, watch me."

"I'm warning you Santini, don't get in my way of my targets. We both know what it's like to fail a mission assigned to us."

I widened my eyes in shock but quickly hid it again. How does he know?

"No promises Garcia. Today's only the first."

"I look forward to seeing you try."

"Why don't you just kill me right now anyway."

"Firstly you're a beautiful lady. Secondly, I don't wish to be known as the person who murdered the world's best assassin just yet. And lastly, you have managed to bring light into my sister's eyes again. "

I swear i saw an expression of love, care and tenderness in his eyes for that split second, before it went cold again.

Family.

"So you do care about your family."

"Kiara is the only family i have left. I'll always protect her, no matter how much i have to risk." He looked at me with fierce determination.

"So don't cause too much trouble for me Santini." He warned me once again.

He let me go and played with the knife for awhile while i felt my neck.

"What a good knife you have here." He commented before tossing it back to me.

"Wouldn't want it to be stained with your blood." He grinned.

"Oh and you best go home with that red mark around your neck. Nice meeting you Santini." He waved before jumping down the window.

I stared at the bloodied knife. Two hits.

I smirked.

This is going to be a very fun year.