11. After-math

Psycho..He's a psycho. A real psycho indeed.

I clenched my fist.

"You, should be dead." I whispered.

"Everyone tells me that." He looked at me, grinning from ear to ear. 

I pointed the gun in front of me aiming right at his heart. 

"Now i don't think you should be pointing the gun at me right now."

"Why shouldn't I? You're a psychopath. You are a danger to everyone in Mexico. Who knows who your next target is, how many people's lives you'll endanger next and how many victims will die because of your sick brain. " I scowled. 

That's right. He should be dead. That was my job in the beginning. I should end him right here, right now. It's the only right thing to do. 

"Then why are you shaking?" 

I stared at my hand in shock.

"Fine. Let's make a deal. " He raised both of his hands up. 

"Why should i agree."

"Because i believe my deal will interest you greatly."

I silenced my questions.

"I will tell you my real motives. And if you think it isn't acceptable, you can kill me. But if you do, you will have to let me go. But if you can't say yes or no, I will kill you. " 

"Ok, fine." 

 He walked closer to me and began.

"Jane and Kayden Garcia, my parents, were once the rulers of the underground. And that bastard Damian, killed them."

I widened my eyes in shock.

"They were the foundation of the underground. They were the ones who build this grand empire from scratch. But he killed them. And my sister and I were left to fend for ourselves. I was 8. "

Jane and Kayden Garcia..

"And my next two targets are actually the last."

"Who are they."

"One is just a mental sick bastard who raped my sister more than once."

"Kiara?!"

"Yes, she was so terrified then, and i was forced to watch her squirm and scream for help. I could only give him a slice in the ribs before grabbing my sister and running away. After all these years, he is just a frail old man who only has a few years left of his life. And he shall repay for what he's done to my sister in those years. Just think how i can pull out his teeth one by one, slicing his fingers slowly and gently, cutting his ears off and hearing him yell and beg for forgiveness." He had that look of madness and excitement in his eyes once again. 

"And..the last one?" I asked uncertainly.

"The last one is the worst. It's not only him, but his entire empire. Because it was him, who made me to the person i am right now. A psycho, a serial killer, a murderer."

"..who.."

He smirked.

"Blood Dragon gang, but more importantly, your uncle."

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

You would guess that 20 minutes later, we were back in the car driving away from the abandoned building we set on fire. 

None of us could say a word. Or at least, I couldn't. 

Brian's POV

I knew it. I knew she wouldn't be able to handle my mentality. But when i saw that she couldn't keep up with that surprise attack, I had the urge to protect her despite knowing it'll trigger my mindset. 

And of course, after seeing his scream, I just couldn't contain my excitement and went on a killing spree as always. 

And after I had calmed down a little, I could see her terrified body and petrified eyes looking at me. 

I wanted to her and tell her it's ok. To cover her eyes and comfort her. But i knew what she was afraid of wasn't the pool of blood or the many dead bodies surrounding me, but it was me. She was..afraid of me. 

And i could understand. Who wouldn't be. A psychic like me. But maybe deep down, i thought she would react differently. 

Guess i was wrong. 

But as she pointed the gun towards me, i couldn't help but feel regret. Not because i had shown her my mental side, but i had scared her. To the point she wanted me dead.

And i really wanted to run up and apologise a thousand times. Asking her not to do this. But i knew that wasn't me. 

And that would have shown my one and only weakness. So to cover it up, i had to tell her. I had to tell her my motives. It was the only way she would understand me.

Do i regret? I hope not. 

Carmen Santini, i really feel like you're a curse in my life. But at the same time,  i feel like you're a blessing, the source of light and hope for me. 

At this point, i really don't know. 

But i hope now, you'll leave me alone. To my own world. 

.

.

.

Carmen's POV

The following days that came were utter torture, if u asked me. 

Brian never came by to our dorm, well, he never was allowed in the first place, until now i still haven't figured it out how he came without getting caught. 

But he longer came looking for us during breaks. Anytime we saw each other which we always knew, we would always pretend like the other didn't exist.

Brian had found a "gang" he could be with every day so he no longer came to find us anymore. 

And he stopped coming for any lessons. And we were back to strangers.

Without him annoying me or me try to assassinate him wherever whenever felt weird and empty. Like there was something part of my daily life that i had forgotten to do. It felt..strange.

Even so, during those rare chances i was close by, i would aim a poison needle at him, but he would easily dodge it off without looking at it. Or he would be able to catch the needle without touching the tip and send the needle flying back at me in high speed, barely touching me an inch away.

It makes me angry, annoyed, yet, slightly happy. That at least we were sort of doing something we used to do. Even if it involved an assassination. 

Kiara had asked me many times what happened but i didn't know how to reply to her. So i would just say it was nothing and brushed it off. 

Even so, she had tried her best to make me happy again. I would say it would work, but only for those few hours before i started to think back what happened that one night.

If only i killed him then... 

But what i'm wondering now is, why did i hesitate?