46. Contract

It ended as fast as lightning. He simply handed me the contract and a pen and asked for my signature on the dot. 

Geez no rush Mr Poopy Pants..

I looked through the contract and hesitated for awhile before signing. I mean, the consquences do scare me. I just hate getting involved with the government.

I passed him back the contract and he nodded his head. 

He placed it on the table and extended his hand out. "Thank you." 

Woah, did his mood just change? 

It was as if he was relieved.

I smiled and shook his hand as a response as we proceeded to chat more about Julios. Surprisingly, this guy knew a lot about him. Any time we had a topic, Julios would be the first example he could think of and it would continue to a whole ass conversation by itself. 

It was nice to learn more about him, but what I realized, was that he didn't have any example of himself. All he he knew and talked about was his boss, but never him. And any time I asked about him, he would just shrug his shoulder. "There's nothing to talk about me." he would say. 

I leaned on palm and listened attentively to him talking. He looked as if talking about Julios was a bliss

And that kinda made me start to wonder.. was their relationship maybe a bit more than just "boss and co-worker"?

I mean..he has been working under Julios for, how many years? 

"Many years." I heard him respond. 

I widened my eyes. Did I say that out loud?

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to say that out loud." I apologized. 

He chuckled. "It's alright Ms Castro." 

I decided to brush their relationship aside sine it was literally, none of my concern.

All I wanted to know, is everything about Julios. But specifically, any weaknesses. 

.

.

The night passed by in ablur and before I knew it, I saw the sun rising. 

Holy shit, it's morning already? Have we been talking for so long? 

"Gosh I have kept you up for so long." Kleo shook his head. 

"Ah-uh, i-it's ok.. don't worry. I'll just drink some coffee before heading to work." I tried to be calm about it. 

But actually, I WAS FUMING. BITCHHHHH I mean I need to know most of what Julios likes and shit, but...MY SLEEP, my sleep.....

My heart was literally crying inside. ugh. 

I had also planned to track down some of my uncles spies around Mexico and the hidden gangs he had been forming for the past recent years. Probably started when I rejected the plan to kill..Brian. 

Ugh that thought still sends me shivers. 

But i guess it'll just be another day at work again. Maximum time left? 6 months. 

6 months to get Julios' connections in the underground. 1 month to work out the game plan. By next year, my uncle's entire reign will go down. 

I turned my attention back to Kleo who was scratching his head furiously. 

"What's wrong?" 

"Tryna figure out how to wake Mr Black up." 

"Heavy sleeper?" 

"No, but he'll be still tipsy, As soon as he hears his schedule for today...he won't be happy." 

"His schedule..?" I asked. 

And the next thing I knew, I was hearing many gibberish words coming out from his mouth. I blinked my eyes multiple times as I tried to remember every word but he was too fast and was rushing through every word. 

"..wow." 

"Yea, that's why I was skeptical about him drinking yesterday. But he seemed like he really needed it, so I didn't object. Of course now I have to deal with the consequence." He rubbed his temple. 

I sulked down. 

"How about you take a day off today?" he spoke. 

I lightened up. 

"What? Really?" 

"Yea, I'll tell Mr Black. You deserve it after the events that happened yesterday." 

I clapped my hands in unison. 

"Thank you!" 

I looked around the house, wondering if I was gonna stay here for the day or leave. And that's when I realized the interior design of his house. Under the bright sunlight, it actually really modern looking. I was honestly quite shocked. 

Before long, Kleo stood up from his seat and started walking to Julios' room. I was curious how his tipsy state looked like, so i decided to follow. 

But he stopped me right on my track. 

"There's a spare bedroom upstirs at your very right. Why don't you head u there to rest?" 

"O-oh, um. Ok sure." 

I wanted to wait till he left first but it looked like he was waiting for me to leave. 

Disappointed, I turned my head and walked upstairs. 

It seemed he didn't want me to see Julios. But he let me his drunk state, what does this have any difference?

.

.

.

Kleo's POV 

As soon as she headed upstairs, i could finally sigh in relief. I was afraid I was talking too much about him, and even more afraid she'll be overwhelmed when she sees...ugh Mr Black. 

I went into his room and saw him sleeping very soundly. I closed back the door to get him a glass of water.

As i headed tp the kitchen, i could hear some footsteps coming down the stairs. I s pun my head back to see Ms Castro looking round before peeking through his door. I guess I haven't told her that the sound proof of this penthouse was not good. 

I was about to shout her name but as soon as she saw him, she gave a little smile. I decided to stay and watch what she'll do. And to my surprise, she simply walked in after. 

What happened inside...remained a mystery to me. 

All I know is 5 minutes after that, she walked out with tears on her face.