20. Help

"Ouch- Ahhhhh!!" Alexandro yelled.

The entire Sector looked at him and started to giggle.

The snake had came back for its lover.

I started to laugh but Mrs Kilk took over.

"Gosh not again. I can't bring him back, i have to lead the troops ahead. Oh god it is the same snake." Mrs Kilk complained as she checked Alexandro's foot.

"I can bring him down." I offered.

"That would be a big help Ms Santini." She stood up.

"Here's an ointment for his swollen foot for now. I brought it specially for him because, i had a feeling it would happen again." She rolled her eyes.

"Gosh can that snake just die?" Alexandro sighed.

"It can't Alexandro. Not unless you're dead from its bite." Mrs Kilk joked.

I took the ointment from her and set Alexandro down.

"Alright troops, bid your farewell to our snake's lover. We're heading off!"

Everyone waved back and soon it was only the two of us.

"I hate this snake." Alexandro broke the silence.

"Haha well, it was funny." I laughed as i was applying the ointment.

"Ms Santini, where do you come from?"

"What?"

"Why did you decide to teach the Army?"

"Well, why not? It's for my country." I couldn't tell him I was threatened to come here.

"Who are you exactly."

"Me?"

"You have very good skills for a young women. Better than all of us."

"Are you looking down on me?"

"Of course not! I'm just curious why you're so talented in this line of work."

"It's a secret Alexandro. Knowing too much will kill you one day, trust me."

"You're the Kiara Santini am i right? One of the world's top assassin."

I looked at him with a serious look.

"You've done your research i see."

"I have."

"And what do you plan to do?"

"Nothing. I was just curious. And your friend is Mexico's top criminal right?"

"Gosh don't call him my friend."

"Guess i was right."

"Who are you Alexandro? Why do you know so much?"

"I'm a nobody. I was just curious why suddenly two highly skilled criminals came to work for the good of the country."

"I'm not a criminal."

"You kill people for your own greed and revenge. And you kill against the law. Isn't that being a criminal?"

I paused.

Criminal? Me?

Flashback

"Of course not. But i wanted you to know that we don't necessarily live in different worlds. We both kill for a reason. We both belong in the criminal world. We are humans with stained blood on our hands. I want you to accept that, that normal college life you dream of, won't come true no matter how much you tried." He said.

"Garcia, what do you mean by all this." I asked.

"Come with me. I'll let you experience the joy of the criminal life. Don't stick with just killing me, i'll show you the fun. You don't kill for the good, you kill for the pain and revenge deep in your heart. Killing is your salvation. "

"You're sick Garcia. There's no way I'll join you."

"You say that, but you are actually interested. You want to know right? What it is like to kill for no particular reason."

"Stop it. I don't. From now on, don't talk to me. We don't belong in the same world. From now on, we're strangers. " I said, hiding my emotions from him and staying strong with pieces of my heart breaking.

"Love.."

"You're sick Garcia."

I didn't look back and before he could say anything, i quickly left the room.

End flashback

"Guess i am a criminal..." I whispered.

Alexandro must have saw my expression.

"Sorry Ms Santini, I said too much."

"No it's fine. It's about time i admitted it anyway. "I said.

"I'm sorry."

"You don't have to be. In fact i should thank you. But i hope you'll keep what you know a secret." I smiled.

"You have my word."

I nodded and applied the last bit onto his foot.

"When will the numbing effect come in."

"In about a few hours."

"Well we best be going down before you lose your balance."

I held as his support as we headed down.

Another loud thunder rumbled and i flinched in shock.

"Ms Santini?"

"Ah? Sorry it's nothing."

He looked concerned but i tried not to notice.

Just then, we heard a shift in the bushes. I spun my head but the sound was gone. But the bushes still shaked slightly.

"There's someone there." He said.

"Yeah i know. Alexandro, you're gonna have to go down first."

"What? But i can't leave-"

"You're injured. Just go, i'll take care of him. He's mine."

"But-"

"I'm a killer Alexandro, remember?"

He bit his lips and turned to head down.

I relaxed and looked at motionless area of trees.

"It's you and me bud." I grabbed my knife and went to attack.

.

.

.

.

.

.

The dead tiger laid in front me, blood gushing out from its wound uncontrollably. I laid a nearby tree and was panting hard.

"Wild animals sure are fiesty." I giggled.

I took many breathers before jumping up to my feet and preparing to head down when a next louder thunder clapped.

I jumped and stopped at my feet.

I looked up and the dark clouds have fully covered the sky.

Oh no...

Just then i tasted the first drop of rain and it quickly became tons.

I was alone in the middle of a mountain and everywhere were just trees. The area was blurred by the pouring rain and it was very dark. Lightning started to strike and i jumped again. As soon as i heard thunder once again, i quickly covered my ears.

I bent down and shivered in the cold.

Help..help....