54. After

Julios' POV

He had to be feeling pain right? I mean, with all those whip marks on his back and front. He had some dried blood, and some fresh ones still slowly dripping down. But it seemed like he felt nothing, just eyeing at me so deadly like he wanted to kill me at the instant.

He was put in cuffs, but I really doubt if he got serious, those cuffs could withstand his strength. I was bringing him to her, probably why he hasn't blown off my head. I could feel his rage even from a distance that he was not trying to suppress.

"You can drop that cold stare Mr Garcia. I'm no longer going to hurt you."

"As if. Then why did you even capture us."

"Well for one, I wanted to get this done as soon as possible. And second, I can't risk bringing you both together in broad daylight. It would also be bad for you, am I right?"

He clicked his tongue, but didn't give me a response back. I sighed in defeat and continued walking down.

.

.

.

She was kept not too far away from where I kept Garcia. They just had to be separated for awhile.

I turned towards the corner and saw her fiddling with a gun in her hand and one of my men I asked to keep watch of her shaking in fear while her shoes were on his back.

"How did y-"

"Brian!!" She exclaimed as she ran up towards him.

"Are you okay? Did they hurt you? Did he do something? Are you injured anywhere?" His expression quickly softened at the sight of her. His tone was so much more gentle and I saw his wrath in his eyes started to die down.

...I see.

So you are his weakness after all..

"Oh my god stop worrying about me. What did they do to you?! There so many slashes I-" She paused as if she realized something. With her widened eyes, she turned to look at me.

"Did you.. torture him?" She spoke slowly.

"I didn't. My men did." I shrugged.

I heard the click of a gun as she loaded another bullet and pointed it straight at me.

My men surrounded us got on their guard and faced their guns directly at us.

"Stand down." I instructed them.

"But boss-"

"I got it. Leave us. Guard the entrances. No one is to enter here unless I say so."

"Yes sir."

They put down their weapons and started to leave us alone.

.

.

.

She was trembling.. She wasn't going to aim properly at my head. She had tears running down her cheeks soon after. Her voice was shaky as she asked softly, "Why..."

"Carmen, please. Put the gun down. And I'll explain." I resisted my urge to wrap my arms around her and wipe those tears that I caused.

"Santini, put the gun down. I'm alright." I heard him assuring her from the back.

She listened and slowly dropped the gun down. But that didn't mean her guard was down. I mean, she hasn't removed the bullet yet.

"I'm sorry, but I think I'll leave those cuffs on you for a little longer. I'm not trying to die right now." I coughed slightly.