Chapter 9

Gemma listens as her friends talk about La Push

Gemma listens as her friends talk about La Push. La Push is the local reservation that's about fifteen minutes away from the Newton house. Gemma loves the rez, and there's supposed to be some waves coming in. Angela is looking forward to the whale watching. Gem had promised to meet them there, her surf board and wet suit are at home.

Bella enters the cafeteria and she looks at Edward. The mind-reader doesn't bother to look at her, he carries on his conversation with Chamberlin while Emmett texts Gemma. Determination and anger set into Bella's veins and she joins Gemma, Eric, Jessica, Tyler, Angela, and Mike at their table. She puts her bag into a chair.

"La Push, baby," Eric boasts as soon as he sees the brunette. "You in?"

"Should I know what that means?" Bella asks.

"La Push beach, down on the Quiluete rez," Mike replies. "We're all going after school."

"Big swell coming in," Gemma adds, and Chamberlin makes a comment to Emmett that it's not a surprise that Gemma surfs, too.

"And I don't just surf the internet!" Eric claims.

Mike stands in the chair under his feet and he pretends to surf, making Gemma laugh in amusement and joy at her brother, the sound making Emmett warm up inside. Tyler reaches up and he grabs the back of Mike's shirt, and makes him sit back down.

"Eric, you stood up once," Jessica reminds him. "On a foam board."

"There's whale watching, too," Angela says softly. "Come with."

"La Push, baby," Eric muses as he makes a funny move with his fingers. "It's... La Push."

"Okay, I'll go if you stop saying that," Bella claims.

Gemma smiles at Bella and the brunette goes over to the salad bar where Edward follows. Gem furrows her eyebrows amd she starts talking to Mike about the swell that's coming in,
⚜️⚜️⚜️

 Gem furrows her eyebrows amd she starts talking to Mike about the swell that's coming in,⚜️⚜️⚜️