Chapter 22

As planned, Bella and Gemma get the two dirt bikes loaded onto the back of Bella's truck

As planned, Bella and Gemma get the two dirt bikes loaded onto the back of Bella's truck. With her mom's permission, she's fixing up one for herself and she talked to Billy Black last night -  she got the number from Charlie - and she got his permission to use his garage to do so.m

Bella puts a tarp over the bikes and ties it down. She and Gemma then get into the truck and fasten their seatbelts. Bella can't believe how close she and Gemma use gotten over the past few couple months, since Christmas. She now sees her as a sister, much closer to her than the Cullens ever were and could be.

Bella drives them to La Push and to the Black residence. Gemma likes this house, personally. It's a red shack looking place with a ramp for Billy's wheelchair. Gemma met Billy twice, on New Year's Day. She and Mike with with their mom to Charlie's, Billy and Jacob were there, and when she was twelve and kissed Jacob when the boy was ten.

Jacob leaves the house and he runs over, a huge grin on his face. "Bella!" He gives Bella a hug first. "Hey, Gem," he greets sheepishly and he gives her a hug too. "It's about time you two came by. Gem, dad wants to see you inside."

Gemma nods and she walks in. "Billy?"

Billy wheels into the living room from the kitchen. "Hey. Come, sit. I wanna talk to you about your auto skills."

Gemma nods and she walks over.

"What do you know about fixing Woden fishing boats?" 
🌚🌚🌚

Gemma is outside with her blazer hanging on a black stool, and her heels across the garage. She is sitting on the dirty ground, not caring at all if her pants get dirty, and working in the dirt bike she secured for herself.

Billy has offered to help teacher house to work on boats, like the one he has in his yard, close to the trees. Gemma is pretty excited, too, because he also promised to take her fishing like her dad always used to when she was a kid.
🌚🌚🌚

Days go by, Gemma and Bella are at Jacob's every day

Days go by, Gemma and Bella are at Jacob's every day. Gemma's schedule varies. During the early morning, Billy has her over at his boat, working on it, and when the sun starts to set, Gemma is in the garage, like she is right now.

Gemma had her flannel sleeves rolled up, sitting in Jacob's stool, working on her bike when Embry enters with Quil Ateara.

"Gemma!" Embry exclaims and he walks over to her.

"Hello to you, too, Embry," Jacob murmurs. "Guys, this is bella. Bella, this is Quil and Embry."

Embry looks at Gemma. "So, you really are rebuilding bikes?"

"Who do you think Jacob what he knows?" Gemma asks.

"Gem, shut up," Jacob grumbles, making her smile in amusement.

Embry sits on the ground next to Gemma's stool while Quil continues to tease Jacob about Bella being his girlfriend and they start to play fight. Bella moves to stand near Gemma and Embry.

"I've got five bucks on Quil," Embry tells the girls.

"You're on," Bella replies; they watch Jacob and Quil continue to scuffle.
🌚🌚🌚

Gemma finished her back a few days ago and she's now doing ad Billy taught her over the course of two weeks, and working on his boat near the trees, with Quil's help

Gemma finished her back a few days ago and she's now doing ad Billy taught her over the course of two weeks, and working on his boat near the trees, with Quil's help. Embry ditched them; he hasn't spoken to her since.

Quil likes coming here now that Gemma is here. He thinks she's really pretty and they get along really well. Billy allows him to come over because he's a good kid and Gemma usually keeps him out of trouble.

"So, how do you know how to work on boats?" Quil asks curiously.

"Billy taught me everything I know," Gemma replies. "And I happen to he a fast learner."

Quil grins a little while they are unaware of Sam watching them with Embry, Paul Lahote, and Jared Cameron. Well, they're watching Jacob but Embry is watching Gemma laugh and smile with Quil, Paul even seems somewhat captivated by the eighteen-year-old blonde.

Quil and Gemma talk for a while until Bella is ready to go. Gemma makes Jacob laugh and Quil blush badly when she gives him a hug and a kiss on the cheek before leaving with Bella and going home once Bella drops her off with her truck.

Gemma falls asleep on the couch, cuddling with Karen, while watching Wonderwoman, her all time favorite superhero.