Chapter 43

GEMMA MEETS EMMETT IN THE SAME CLEARING WHERE THEY BUTNED THE BODYS; two weeks after the battle. Emmett sent her a text and had her meet him. She gasps when she makes it.

There is a lamp, a love seat, and candles lights. The lights are off. There's a sign behind the furniture that Gemma, even as a vampire, can't make out. When the lights suddenly turn on, she gasps again.

There are Christmas lights hanging in trees and the lights sign says Marry Me? Emmett is sitting on the couch wearing suit pants and a tucked-in button down shirt with the first few buttons undone, some dress pants, and he's relaxing and he's look...

There are Christmas lights hanging in trees and the lights sign says Marry Me? Emmett is sitting on the couch wearing suit pants and a tucked-in button down shirt with the first few buttons undone, some dress pants, and he's relaxing and he's looking at Gemma like she's the last person on earth.

Emmett stands up and he walks over. He grabs Gemma's hand and he walks her over to the couch and they stand in front of it.

"I first saw you two to three years ago when my family and I moved here to Forks," Emmett says. "You were human then, and my blood singer. I didn't trust myself around you but after two years, Chamberlin wouldn't shut up about your athleticism, and he kept bragging about you, and Alice kept saying she liked you. Then I finally, grew a pair, and I asked you to get to know each other and then I asked you out on our first date. I feel in love with you, Gemma Grace Newton, and I fell hard. I love you with all there is in me." Emmett pulls a box out of his back pocket and he kneels down on one knee and he opens the box, revealing a gorgeous, engagement ring. 

"Gemma Grace Newton," Emmett says after he clears his throat, "will you marry me?"

Gemma's golden eyes fill with venom the both know won't fall, and she nods. "Yes. Yes! Yes, I'll marry you!"

Emmett puts the ring on and he hugs her, and spins her around bin a circle with a wide and happy smile.
✖️✖️✖️

"She said yes!" Emmett announces as he enters the house where Mike and Karen are waiting.

"Mom? Mikey?" Gemma coos.

"Emmett asked us for your hand and we couldn't say no," Karen coos. "I'm getting another son!"

Mike shakes Emmett's hand while Karen hugs Gemma. Gemma smiles into the hug everyone before Karen and Gemma go to spend together at the Newton house for the first time since Gemma became immortal.