Chapter 31

Gemma grimaces at the disgusting and very strong, and repulsive smell of wet dog as Sam and Paul approach the treaty. Sam frowns broken heartedly when he sees Gemma's red eyes.

"Hey, you," Sam greets.

"I'm sorry about this," Gemma says. "It was Vic... the red head. She caught me in a bathroom at the mall in Seattle."

"Come on over," Sam invites.

Gemma walks over and Paul hugs her. "No offense, Buddy, but you make me wanna vomit."

Emmett and Carlisle look at each other and laugh as Sam does.

"You're no better, Gem," Paul replies as he pulls away. "You gotta sign the treaty when Sue gets here. She's taking Harry's spot in the council until Harry's cleared."

Gemma nods and she hugs Sam when he hugs her. She's going to miss her wolf family. "Emmett and I are leaving town for a little while. He's bringing me to Alaska but we're coming back."

Paul goes to reply but he's cut off by Jared showing up with Sue. Jared bounds over mad be hugs Gemma, twirling her around, and making her laugh out loud.

"Hey, vampire!" Jared taunts.

Gemma looks at Sue. "Hey, mama Clearwater."

"Hey, baby," Sue coos and she unrolls the treaty scroll. "Are you ready to sign?"

Gemma nods her head and she grabs the pen from Sam. "Tell Embry I'm sorry."

Gemma sighs the scroll as Paul tells her that the immortality is Victoria's fault, not hers. Gem never chose this life. Gemma gives Sue a really quick hug because the wolf stench only covers so much of Sue's tasty smelling blood.

Gemma crosses the treaty.  She looks at her wolf family one last time before she speeds off.