Chapter 35

GEMMA IS BOUNCING ON HER HEELS, waiting for Jacob to arrive at Bella's house the next morning

GEMMA IS BOUNCING ON HER HEELS, waiting for Jacob to arrive at Bella's house the next morning. She finally gets to hug one of the boys. But Jacob isn't alone.

"Embry!?" Gemma shrieks as she runs and hugs him.

The wolf grunts at the newborn strength as he hugs Gemma back tightly. Jacob smiles slightly at the reunion.

"Where am I sniffing?" Jacob asks.

"Come on," Bella urges and she leads Jacob inside.

Embry finally, reluctantly, relaxes Gemma. "Finally."

Gemma beams. "You found a loophole and came with Jake."

Embry nodded. "Sam and Carlisle were okay with it. Had to hug my vampire friend. But dang, that newborn strength is something else completely."

Edward smirks. "That it is."

Embry wraps Gemma into another hit, taking advantage of the moment until Jacob and Bella come back out. Emmett, Edward, and Gemma all meet Jacob and Bella halfway across the yard.

"Whoever it was, he left his stink behind," Jacob claims. "It'll be hard to miss when we cross it again. We'll handle it from here."

"We don't need you to handle anything," Edward claims. "Or anyone."

Jacob takes a step forward. "I could care less what you need."

"Enough!" Gemma snaps after a while and she pushes in between the two. They don't budge and she punches Jacob in the stomach, hard, he gasps for air as he falls down. "I said... enough," she scowls and she looks at Embry. "Can you have Sam meet me at the treaty? I need to talk to him."

"Yeah," Embry replies. "Come on, Jake. Enough pissing the newborn off."

Jacob glares coldly at Gemma, but she raises an eyebrow - clearly unphased. Jake growls and Gemma takes a threatening step forward.  Embry grabs Jacob's arm, scared, and he literally drags Jacob away.

"Stupid Jacob," Gemma scowls. "Tell Carlisle I'm meeting Sam about the protraction detail. I'll report to him as soon as I finish."

Edward nods.

"Thank you, Gemma," Bella says. "That was..."

"Two children acting out," Gemma says and she sends Edward a look. "I have an alpha to meet. Tootles!"
✖️✖️✖️

Sam smiles when Gemma comes walking toward the treaty line. He hasn't seen her since March when she signed the treaty.

"You look good," Sam claims.

"I know," Gemma winks, making the alpha laugh. "We need to talk."

"Embry mentioned a security detail for Bella's house?" Sam begins, his deep voice still sends chills through the newborn's dead veins.

"An intruder was in Bella's house last night," Gemma explains. "Jasper and I tried to track him, but his scent vanished five miles south of Bella's. We find it best to watch the house, Bella and Charlie, until the threat is taken care of. Bella amd I thought of you guys to help."

Sam nods and he takes it all in. "You want us to help with the detail?"

"Yeah," Gemma replies. "Would you and the pack prefer day or night?"

"Night," Sam replies.

"Okay,n great," Gemma replies. "I'll run it by Carlisle; we'll take day."

"I truly hope this truce works," Sam tells her.

"Me too," Gemma replies. "I'll see you and 5e pack soon, Sam."

Sam nods once and they separate. Sam reports back to the pack, and Gemma reports what she's done and the results to Carlisle.