Chapter 24

"I'll kill Tyler if he gave me the flu," Jessica complains at lunch

"It's going around," Angela claims. "My sister was son sick, she couldn't come on our hike this weekend... so she didn't see it."

"Ang," Eric sighs, "maybe you should keep that to yourself..."

"We saw something, Eric," Angela says sternly.

"I believe you."

"No he doesn't," Gemma says. "He's just trying to get lucky."

Eric is suddenly hopeful and he looks at his girlfriend. "Is that an option?"

Angela ignores him. "It was jet black and huge; on all fours, it was taller than a person. A bear, maybe."

"Or big foot," Jessica assumes.

"Or an alien," Mike adds in. "Lucky you didn't get probed."

"We saw it," Angela says quietly.

"You're not the only ones," Bella claims; Jessica hasn't spoken to her since the day of the movies and motorcycle ordeal. "My dad's been getting reports at the sheriff's station. A couple of hunters went. People are scared."

"There had been talk amongst other hunters at the store," Gemma adds, feeling as chilled as the others,

"I heard it, too," Mike claims.

"Last time you clowns doubt my girlfriend," Eric muses.
🌚🌚🌚

While Bella test drives her bike, Gemma and Billy are at the boat.

"So, you witnessed cliff diving, huh?" Billy asks, his legs right under Heath the boat while the two sand it.

"Yes!" Gemma exclaims, she had almost forgot about that. "It looked like fun!"

Billy chuckles. "Back in the day, when I could still walk, I used to cliff dive from where you saw them guys jumping. Big adrenaline rush, scary, but fun. Someone like you would love it."

Gemma smiles at Billy and the two start talking about Bella's dad dating Gemma's mom.
🌚🌚🌚

Gemma drives Bella to the hospital after she wrecks her bike and she gets a couple of stitches and she drives Bella home. Bella told Charlie she just fell down and hit her head inside.

Gemma goes on home and she spends some quality brother/sister time while watching a scary zombie movie.