Chapter 45

"You're not supposed to look better than the bride, y'know?"

Gemma turns and she finds Irina. Gemma grins widely at the blonde Denali vampire and the two blondes hug one another. She hasn't seen the Denali since this past March after her turn when Emmett brought her.

Irina grabs Gemma's hand. "Emmett is bragging to Eleazar about being engaged. I just had to see."

Kate and Tanya come walking over, in need of seeing Gemma's engagement ring themselves when they heard Irina's intentions. Mike is gawking over the Denali sisters, while Angela and Jessica gossip about how pretty Gemma looks.

"Emmett finally grew a pair and asked me," Gemma squeals.

Kate, Tanya, and Irina all smile and they hug the vampire once more. Emmett leaves the house with Eleazar and Carmen, and isn't surprised to find a huddle of four blondes.

"I'm not surprised that Kate, Irina, and Tanya found my fiancée," Emmett mumbles. "She is like a beacon."

"Did she cause the cloudy day?" Eleazar asks.

"Do that the vampires wouldn't be exposed, yeah," Emmett replies. "It was supposed to be sunny today."

Eleazar smiles. "Ah. Her gift is absolutely remarkable, and uncommon. I'd be sure Aro doesn't find out. He will want her just because her gift is uncommon."

Emmett nods his head. "Yeah."

"Carmen, Eleazar," Gemma coos as she walks over with the blondes. "Hey."

Carmen steps forward and she gives the girl a hug in greeting. "It's good to see your eyes golden now. The color goes better with the blonde."

"It's good to see you, too," Gemma replies. "Hello, Eleazar."

"Hello, Gemma," Eleazar greets. "Where are you off to?"

"To see if Bella is in her dress yet," Gemma replies. "I'll be back."

Gemma places a gentle peck on Emmett's cheek before she goes inside the house.
✔️✔️✔️

Gemma holds Emmett's hand as the loved ones of Bella and Edward stand. The bridal March has begun and the back doors of the house have opened. Charlie and Bella step our. Karen almost cries from where she's sitting with Bella's mom, Renee Dwyer.

Once Bella is in front of Edward, eberhone sits down. The vows begin and Gemma is so glad that the venom filling her eyes won't fall bevauxe her mascara is not waterproof.