Chapter 28

It's spring break and Gemma is at the hospital on the rez

It's spring break and Gemma is at the hospital on the rez. It isn't for her, it's for Harry. He and Charlie were out hunting for wolves, and Harry had a heart attack on him. Jared and Paul are sat on either side of Gemma, Karen is sitting on a chair, and the rest of the pack is there. Charlie is sitting beside Harry's wife and Gemma's god other, Sue Clearwater. Harry and Sue's kids, Leah and Seth, are sitting on the other side of Jared. Gemma and Leah are pretty decent friends, she guesses.

Gemma was yelling at Bella for jumping off of a cliff, off the higher one, when Sam called her and told her about Harry. She went straight to the hospital, leaving Bella with Jacob.

Gemma stands and she walks over to Sue and she kneels in front of her. "Hey, mama Clearwater."

Sue grabs Gemma's face. "Hey, baby," Sue coos and she pulls her into a hug, Gemma's head rests on Sue's chest. "I'm glad you're here."

"Of course I'm here," Gemma whispers as she hugs Sue back, Karen smiles from where she's sitting. "I'd rather be no where else."

Sue releases a shalt breath. She's worried sick about her husband, rightfully so. Harry has had heart problems for years, everyone on the rez, charlie, Karen, and Gemma knew that, along with Leah and Seth.

"Clearwater?"

Sue, Seth, and Leah all quickly stand up and approach the doctor. Gemma rejoins Paul and Jared, and they both grab each hand. She sees Sue cry and she hugs the doctor dightly. Hope floods through each wolf, the Newton's, Swan, each Clearwater.

Harry's okay.

"He's gonna be okay," Sue tells everyone once the doctor leaves. "He... it was a tough go, they almost lost him a few times but... but Harry is a fighter. It'll be a long road but he's gonna be okay."

Sue cries happily and Charlie gives her a comforting hug, making Karen smile as she walks over and joins them. Sue hugs the couple back as she cries happy tears. Gemma and Leah grin at each other before leah jumps into Gemma's open arms.

"Leah, you're burning up," Gemma murmurs as she pulls away, and snaps his head toward her. "Seth, come here."

"Coming!" Seth jogs over and he stops beside Leah.

Gemma reaches over and she touches his forehead, she frowns. "You're both burning up."

"Gem, come here," Sam says.

Gemma smiles at her god sister and good brother before going to Sam. "Sam, they're hot. Real hot."

"Like me hot or sick hot?" Sam asks.

Gemma thinks on how to word it. She doesn't want to disrespect Emily by saying Sam hot. "She's 'about to shift' hot."

"So, me hot," Sam mumbles and he glances at his ex-girlfriend and her little brother. "Leah's of age and Seth... it could be the red head that triggered it."

"That on top of Harry's heart attack scaring the wolf out of him," Gemma adds.

Sam nods his head and he sees Jacob hurrying in, looking distraught, upset, and worried. Sam squeezes Gemma's shoulders and he goes to talk lowly with Jacob. Gemma returns to Leah and the two head to the cafeteria together, like old times.

She smiles. "Those two, I swear."

Karen grins. "Gemma has missed Leah."

Sue glances at Sam, who nods. "They'll probably see each other more soon."

Karen smiles and she glances at Charlie. "I'm glad your friend is okay," and she turns to Sue, "and your husband."

"Thank you, Karen," Sue coos.

Karen smiles and she looks at the boys Gemma was sitting with, they're all talking to Sam now. She smiles at her daughter's reservation friends and she sits with Sue's son.
🌚🌚🌚

Gemma and Leah  are sitting in the cafeteria eating a burger when Gemma's phone rings.

"You're interrupting a delicious burger from the hospital cafeteria, this better be good," Gemma says into the phone, making Leah laugh.

"Gemma!" Bella gasps. "You should go to your house."

"I'm not leaving the Clearwater's, Bella," Gemma replies. "Where are you? Why does it sound like... wait, is this the reason Jacob's so mad?"

Leah suddenly moans right as Sam and Seth walk in.

"Leah, come on," Sam urges. "Gemma, Im bringing her to Emily's."

"When can I come by and see her and Seth?"

"Tonight," Sam replies. "Come on, guys."

"Bella, where in the hell are you?" Gemma snaps when Sam leaves with Seth and Leah.

"Going to Italy, to save Edward," Bella replies. "Alice is bringing he. He thinks I'm dead."

"If you're going to Italy with Alice, why should I go home?" Gemma asks. "The Cullens seemed like they were don't with us."

"Gemma..."

Gemma looks up at sees Sue. "I have to go. Visiting time," she muses and Sue smiles. "Gotta go see Harry."

"Wait!" Bella says as Alice looks at her with a raised eyebrow as she walks over to her with their plan tickets. "Harry's okay?"

"He will be," Gemma replies and Alice's face lights up. "It'll be a long road. Tell Alice hi for me. I have to go."

Before Bella can keep her longer, Gemma hangs up and she follows Sue to Harry's hospital room.