Chapter 16

Over the summer, Gemma and Bella grew closer as friends. They're not best friends like Gemma is with Rosalie and Jasper, but close enough that Gemma would be there for Gemma would be there for Bella no matter what, and would do anything in her power for her.

Bella was with Gemma when Gem turned eighteen on the last day of June, as were the Cullens and Karen and Mike and Jessica.

In May; Emmett, Rosalie, and Chamberlin all graduated from high school. Chamberlin and Rosalie were gone for a couple of weeks for another honeymoon.

In August: Jasper, Alice, Gemma, Bella, Jessica, Tyler, Mike, Angela, Eric, and the rest of their class started as seniors. Gemma is honestly looking forward to graduating.

Today is the thirteenth of September. They've been seniors for a little over a month and today is Bella's eighteenth birthday and Alice has already decided that she is throwing Bella a birthday party.

🌚🌚🌚

Gemma is standing with her friends in the parking lot: Mike, Eric, Angela, Jessica, and Alice

Gemma is standing with her friends in the parking lot: Mike, Eric, Angela, Jessica, and Alice. Jasper is already inside because he is a,ready going to be struggling at lunch, so he's trying not to struggle too much this early.

Gemma spots Bella's truck pulling up. Gem smiles slightly as she moves the strap of her bag further up onto her shoulders. Bella looks around the parking lot and Alice smiles, knowing exactly who she's looking for.

"Wherefore art thou, Bella?" Mike muses and Bella turns to her friends. "You finish the Shakespeare assignment?"

"He means, will you finish his assignment?" Gemma chimes in.l

"No, I don't- okay, I do," Mike mumbles, glaring at his older sister, who merely grins.

"I can help you with it, but first..." she pulls the camera from her dad out of her bag. "I need a picture. My mom's expecting a scrapbook full of memories."

"Our mom is making her own," Gemma mutters. "Two of them: one for me, and one for Mikey."

Mike blushes. "She's really persistent. We get them once we graduate."

"That'so sweet!" Alice chirps, making Mike grin a little.

Angela holds up her camera. "I take 'em. I don't pose for 'em."

"You do today," Bella claims and she pushes Angela toward the others.

Alice and Gemma stand beside each other while Jessica joins them. Mike and Eric pretend to joust, and Angela poses by aiming her camera at Bella.