Chapter 3: The Philippines, Nerissa, and Nina, Party Time!

(Philippines's POV)

                 So, I heard from my boss that a party is happening in city hall! I can't wait to see all the smiling faces, hear the music, and see the dancing! We can have a lot of food to taste and take a lot of pictures too!

"This is going to be so much fun!" I exclaimed in delight as I held my phone and snapped a photo of myself standing outside the party room.

I stepped into the building as I looked through the green hallways. People were starting to enter the building, but I saw two little girls running into the building with two DS in their hands. Huh. There is something about them. I want to follow them!

"Hello!" I called after them as I held my phone.

However, one of the girls looked up at me with a cautious smile.

"Who are you?" she shouted as she stood in front of her little sister.,

Huh. They have America's accent. I wonder....

"I am Philip! Who are you?" I greeted as I kneeled down at their level.

"Nina and this is Nerissa, my little sister" she answered.

They were both wearing white dresses made of local materials from here! So, they must have family here! I wonder who they are! Do I know them?

"So, why are you here?" I asked them with a grin.

"It is our grandmother's birthday. Actually, why are you here? Do you know our grandmother?" Nina asked curiously.

"I believe so. I know everyone! I'm popular!" I boasted as I finally understood.

This party was for her, the friend of the mayors. Huh. Not bad. But I wonder why they know America. How did that happen?

"So, you're not from here?" I asked curiously.

"No. We are from America. Why?" Nina asked seriously as she looked at me.

Interesting. Wait! Are these the kids America wanted me to watch over?! But why? What is so important about these kids? Hm... I need to figure this out.

"So! Uh, do you know someone named Alfred by chance? Or, someone named America?" I asked curiously.

Before anyone jumps on my case for this, they are kids. Kids believe in anything they are told! So, this shouldn't be a weird question to ask them!

"No, I don't think so. How about you, Nerissa?" Nina asked curiously.

"No" she answered as the two sisters then looked up at me.

Then, they heard their mother call out their names. The two sisters waved goodbye to me as they went into the party room. The party room was vast and held a lot of tables and chairs. There were two long tables holding a bunch of food and drinks for everyone here! I can't wait! However, we don't have stages, we just have a wooden floor among the green carpet. That is where the performers perform! I wonder who is going to perform today!

"Hello Philip! Do you want some food?" Nina asked as she gained my attention and held a plate to me.

"Oh! Thanks! I can't wait to have some rice and chicken! Oh, are you going to have some?" I asked as I noticed she didn't have a plate.

Her sister sat at the table and was eating some rice and fish with the DS open. There was pretty Notebook beside her too.

"A little later" she confessed as she looked at the floor.

"Oh! Are you going to perform?! I can't wait to see it!" I said excitedly as Nina shook her head.

"I'm not that good at it. I just have to do it, because it is my grandmother's birthday" Nina answered with a shake of her head.