Chapter 15: Canada and Logan, A Calm Vacation Sort Of

(Logan's POV)

       I had never been outside of the United States of America before. My father decided to take my sister and I to Canada. It made sense to me. However, I talked to America and asked him if it was ok for Canada to come with me. America was excited as he took my phone number. He texted me about Canada and his plans. I have a feeling this vacation will not go well or be very exciting. As the plane landed, my sister ran to the baggage claim, and I followed her. My father was behind me, but as we were looking for the bags, I heard a familiar voice.

"Hey! LOGAN! It's me!" America shouted as he waved his hand.

I couldn't believe this. America was running towards me with a worried Canada behind him.

"Hi. What are you doing here? I thought Canada was only coming here?" I asked him nervously.

"Well! I didn't want you to feel homesick, because this is your first time out of the country! I decided to help you!" America said proudly.

Canada was amazed as he asked "I am the first country you are visiting?"

I nodded at Canada as he said excitedly "I feel so honored! Thank you for coming here!"

I couldn't help but smile. However, I wasn't sure how to explain how two nations were going to watch me from a distance. I didn't want anything dangerous to happen to my father and sister while we were touring Canada. My little sister found the bags and walked over to me. She smiled as she waved at the two nations.

"Hi! I'm Gwen!" she greeted with a smile.

My father waved to us and motioned for us to come over. We walked over to him as America took his bags with him. My father took the bags from Gwen and put it into the cab's trunk. I glanced at my father and the nations. My father didn't seem to notice them. This was very odd. Before I could ask them about this, Gwen pulled me into the car. We were then heading for the hotel. I looked back and saw Canada driving in his car. He was following us. I sighed as we went to the hotel. We were staying at a Marriot. The bellhops were helping Gwen and I with the luggage while my father went to check into the hotel.

"Wow! Same hotel! Your father got a good taste in hotels!" America said as he carried his bags.

"That's great, but how come my father can't see you?" I asked him worriedly.

America thought about this and said simply "He doesn't believe in anything"

I titled my head as I asked "What do you mean?"

He answered calmly "Well, for anyone to see us, you have to believe anything is possible. Even if it is the craziest idea ever. As a person grows older, they believe less and less about anything. That's mainly why only children can see us. As for our bosses and workers, they may not believe in us, so they either see us as a person or a nation. It is their choice"

I pondered on this. I was close to graduating high school. Would I loss the ability to see them?

"I wouldn't worry about it with you and your friends. From what China told me, the Dreamers and their friends have always known us as nations. So, you don't have to worry about forgetting us!" America reassured with a smile.

I just nodded. My father told Gwen and I to head to the rooms and rest up a bit. We were going to walk around the city around lunch time. Canada and America were going to have some lunch. My sister and I were wondering around the hotel while our father was putting out clothes away in the room.

"Oh! A balcony! Come on Logan!" Gwen shouted excitedly.

She ran towards the balcony while I slowly followed her.