Chapter 18: Spain, Nerissa, and Nina: Festivals to Enjoy

(Nina's POV)

            The moment my sister and I got off the plane, it was hot! Seriously! It was as hot as Italy! Not in that context! I always have to distinguish between the places and the personifications. My sister and I collected our two bags and waited outside. America decided to tell Spain about us visiting his place, so he was going to pick us up.

"How does he always find out?" Nerissa asked annoyed as she took out her phone to text our parents.

"We have our names registered when we buy the tickets. He probably looked us up" I answered as I took off my jacket and tied it around my waist.

"HOLA!" Spain shouted happily as he ran towards us excitedly.

He waved his hands up and down and stopped in front of us.

"How was your flight? Was it good?" he asked happily.

"We are fine. The flight was nice" I told him as he took our luggage.

His car wasn't small, but it was a bit tight. Nerissa sat next to Spain while I sat in the back. He drove us to our hotel. It was nice and cool. We were staying at the Hotel InterContinental for the week. Spain was amazed and also questioning us about this choice of a hotel. We saw nothing wrong with it personally, because we actually kind of used to staying at hotels like this. It is kind of a bad thing. We checked in and placed our bags in the room. Afterwards, we decided to head to the former royal palace of Spain.

"Man, I didn't think the line for the palace would be this long" I admitted as we saw the line.

"Well, let's get started then" Nerissa said as she walked to the line.

I about to follow her when Spain coughed. I turned to look at him and saw him holding a badge of some kind... I swear to gods if he picked up ideas from America, we are leaving on the first flight back to America. He motioned us to follow him and walked past everyone as he yelled excused me in his native language. We were able to get pass security and entered the palace.

"Are you allowed to do this?" I asked him nervously.

"Si! I am the nation!" he reassured.

I am pretty sure he cannot do that, but then again, nothing stops these stupid countries! We've tried! Well, I guess I can't complain. We were able to get in with no problem. Spain decided to lead us through the palace.

"So, did you live here?" my sister asked as she took photos of things.

"Oh, for a time. Now, I live in my own house in Madrid" Spain answered as we walked to the dinning room.

It was huge! The main color was white, and the silverware is silver! I don't blame anyone for revolting against them.

"Hey, look at that" Nerissa said as she pointed at the ceiling.

There was four stone carvings of four colonies Spain had taken care of before. There was Mexico, Peru, Chile, and the Philippines! We both looked at Spain in shock as he smiled to recall a few precious memories of being with them. I would've thought he would have some kind of monument to Romano.

"Those were my best countries, and I will never forget them" Spain answered with a smile.

My sister and I were not sure how to entirely feel about that, but we went on to explore the rest of the rooms. This palace is deceptively larger than I thought. It held a chapel, a room made of porcelain, and a room decorated in Japanese style. I found this amazing, but my sister asked Spain a few historical questions about the palace. Once we finished the palace, we went to a small café to have some churros and coffee. We took a few minutes to eat and relax, but a few children ran up to us with bright smiles on their faces.