Honey I'm home

Previously

Happy now that he had finished all of his shopping, Harry found a small cafe to have lunch before returning to collect his clothing. Glad he was done, Harry wandered through the Leaky Cauldron and apperated back to Surrey.

He didn't want to risk forgetting anything about his first year again like he almost did with the stone, so he was going to make a list of everything that had happened. Thinking back as he wrote, Harry couldn't believe at the amount of things he had done that played into Dumbledore's hands; but, then again, that was probably exactly what he had wanted. Vowing things would be different, Harry started to plot.

~

4 Privet Drive, September 1st 1991

On the morning of September 1st, Harry could hardly contain his impatience and resentment. He had spent the last month reviewing everything that had happened in his last life, and he honestly feared that he would curse Dumbledore the moment he saw him. So much had been manipulated that Harry truly feared he had never once had a chance to act like himself, to be his own person.

Doing one final check of his room, Harry was happy to see that he had not forgotten anything. When he had been packing his trunk, Harry had been careful to ward each compartment individually - especially his book compartment. Harry had returned to London a few times since his first visit in order to buy a variety of books; books that would not be approved of by many. He had travelled to Knockturn Alley a few times in his past life, but never extensively, so Harry had been anxious this time around, however, his presence was soon ignored.

Harry had also been to a private healer and, after making him swear a privacy vow, had him perform an in depth scan. Harry had been pleased when he had learnt that, without the glamour, he had no need for his glasses, but he still wanted to be checked out. The healer had been horrified after the scans were done and had tried to get Harry to report the damage to the ministry. Many of his bones had breaks that had healed incorrectly and he had numerous scars. Harry had been given potions to fix the damage as well as an ointment to wear while sleeping. The healer had also worried for Harry's growth and development and given Harry potions to combat the damage, though he would never be tall, Harry hope to gain another inch or two.

With a final glance around, Harry cast a tempus charm that said it was half 10. Deciding to get to the platform early and find a compartment, Harry released Hedwig from her cage.

"You can fly to Hogwarts from here," he said, not wanting her to be cooped up for the long journey. Stretching her wings, Hedwig swooped over to Harry and landed on his shoulder, pecking his ear affectionately before taking flight out of the open window.

Walking down the stairs, Harry was not surprised when he saw Petunia standing awkwardly by the front door. He had had few interactions with the Dursleys in the last month; they had taken his warnings to heart after Harry had once again cursed Vernon, this time with Dudley watching, when the man had tried to hit Harry once he had returned from Diagon Alley the first time.

"You're going then," she said.

"Yes, I won't be back until the summer. If I return at all," Harry told her.

Petunia swallowed again. "Right then, good."

Walking past her with his school supplies shrunk down in his pocket, Harry walked a short distance before apparating onto the platform.

Kings Cross Station, September 1st 1991

Arriving at the station, Harry walked quickly. There were a few families milling about that Harry chose to ignore in favour of getting onto the train.