Mortem Magicae

Previously

"We trust you Harry."

Harry nodded, happy he was occluding as the words would have probably made him cry.

"Thank you,"

"I will support you," Pansy said, sitting straighter. Her family had always willingly served Voldemort, and she was honoured by and in awe of Harry for being his soul mate.

"As will I, my family remained neutral during the last war, but I shall stand with you Harry." Blaise said solemnly. He had a feeling that Harry would bring about a change in their world, and he wanted to be there with him when he did.

"Look My Lord, you've gained an inner circle," Luna said, making Harry choked slightly, the others however didn't hear her.

"I'm not a Dark Lord Luna,"

"Yet," the girl said smiling happily.

~

The remainder of the year past with little fan fair after Harrys announcement. Susan kept her word and didn't abandon Harry, but she did pull away slightly, taking Hannah with her. Her decision left Harry slightly troubled, but he understood her choice and reluctantly respected it. They would still sit together in lessons, but the pair would often stick together and often chose to study and eat with their other friends, such as Terry Boot, who had disappeared from Harrys group of friends when Draco and the rest of the Slytherins became more permanent features.

Harrys only source of true excitement came from his letters to Sirius, who had continued to complete the ritual returning Toms sanity and soul.

~

Ostara- March 21st, 1992, Ritual Room, Grimmauld place, London

~

Sirius stood shocked as the soul fragment from Ravenclaw's Lost Diadem slowly became visual. Even though he had done this before he was still stunned at the power of the ritual. This shard seemed more... whole? It left him relieved as it seemed like the ritual was working, not that he doubted Harry. But he still he was limited in what he knew about this type of magic and doubted he would feel completely comfortable with it any time soon, if ever. He was a dark wizard, yes, but he had spent so long suppressing that part of himself, to be surrounded by such strong and pure dark magic was overwhelming.

"Who are you?" the cultured voice asked, this piece appeared to be in his late 20's.

"I am, Lord Sirius Black the 3rd."

The slightly red eyes narrowed briefly, a look of confusion setting on Toms face.

"What are you doing?"

"Harry asked me to help him. He's bringing you back."

"Harry?"

Sirius nodded, this soul piece was saner than the piece which appeared when he used the ring during the Imbolc ritual, but still there was something clearly missing in the gleam of the soul pieces eyes.

"I'm less, but, I'm also... more..." Tom said.

Sirius refused to think about him as anything other than Tom. Hearing what the shard said he just nodded again, he didn't know what to say to the part of Tom he was stuck with, and didn't want to do anything that could cause problems if later Tom remembered the rituals.

"I was defeated." The word Harry kept repeating in Tom's broken mind. Harry, Harry, Harry...

This statement drew Sirius's attention back to the soul shard, it was the first clear statement that Sirius had understood.