Then there were three

Previously

Sirius latched onto the small boy and held him tightly. "I will kill them," he promised.

Harry shook his head. "Killing the ones who hurt you doesn't work automatically," he said, thinking about Hermione for a moment. "Or, at least, it doesn't make you feel instantly better. However, I won't stop you. I will even help," Harry promised, making Remus laugh as he thought Harry was joking.

Sirius smiled lightly as well, however he picked up the slight tension in Harry's body as he promised. "I think I need to visit the goblins," he said.

"I think that's a good idea," Harry agreed, still in his arms.

~

Getting Sirius to the bank was easy as the man was willing to do anything for Harry. Borrowing a cloak with a hood, the two of them managed the summer crowds easily, keeping their identities hidden.

"So, how did you become so well respected by the goblins?" Sirius asked after seeing the door guards nod to Harry.

Harry considered telling the truth, but knew know wasn't the time, so he retold the same lie which he had told Remus. About re-entering the world and having Ragnok already dealing with the Potter accounts - not a technical lie, just not the truth. He added, "I think my respect for them helps. I didn't grow up thinking less of them like a lot of wizarding children and, unlike the muggleborns, I do not fear things that are different as I know what it's like to be hated and feared for being different."

Sirius nodded. "How bad was your treatment, really? Are you talking the odd slap or real beatings?" he whispered as they walked past the crowds at the bank and through the side door leading to Ragnok's office.

"Beatings. My uncle was of the belief that, if he hit me hard enough, my magic would disappear - or so I believe," Harry said.

Sirius seemed to freeze for a second after hearing that and growled slightly, reminding harry of his animagus form.

"You will explain everything to me after this is done," he told Harry.

Harry nodded his head, not annoyed with the demand as he knew how confused and overwhelmed the man must be. Hell, he was surprised Sirius had managed to come to Gringotts today; Harry had expected him to eat and sleep for a few days after the ordeal of being in Azkaban.

Harry reached Ragnok's door and knocked.

Sirius followed him as he entered and watched as Harry and Ragnok greeted each other.

"Mr. Black, it is a pleasure to meet you," Ragnok said.

Sirius startled slightly as he had never been greeted so politely by a goblin. "Chief Ragnok, the honour is mine," he recited, his mind and body remembering the manners his parents had instilled in him years ago.

"Harry has told me a lot about you," Ragnok continued.

"He speaks fondly of you also," Sirius said.

Turning to Harry, Ragnok spoke, "He knows about the compulsions?"

"Yes, I informed him about everything I told Remus. Sirius is here to be cleansed - and maybe healed, if you're willing," Harry said.

Ragnok nodded, acknowledging the limitations of Sirius' knowledge. "The damage for dementor exposure is extensive, but we should be able to help - for a price, of course."

"Of course," Harry acknowledged.

"And any compulsions will be removed, along with blocks and potions," Ragnok said.