End of a Legend

Chapter 46

~

Previously

Severus looked over at the dancing couple, who without even realising seemed to be drawing the eyes of the crowd. They had a natural magnetism, and even though Severus would bet this was the first time, they moved together as though they had been dancing with each other for years.

Still before he could ponder the Dark Lord's plans some more, a hush fell over the room, Dumbledore had appeared and the look on his face was one Severus would cherish for years to come. Many had recognised the dark Lord, not for who he was, but as Lord Gaunt. The old man was furious, eyes bullying and lips pursed, practically shaking with righteous indignation.

"You!" The old man bellowed

The pair dancing stopped, Severus noticing how Harry rolled his eyes at the smirking dark Lord. Severus made a mental note to talk to the boy about appropriate responses to real threats.

///

Marvolo bowed to his mate, placing a soft kiss to his hand before turning to face the thunderous looking headmaster.

He heard students whispering about their dancing, many curious about their relationship and even more jealous about what it could mean. A part of him was glad there were so many witnesses here tonight, so many that had seen how perfect he and Harrison were together, as even though he couldn't claim his soulmate publicly yet, he could plant the seeds that Harrison was his.

///

Albus couldn't believe his eyes. Tom was here, in Hogwarts! But not only that, he was dancing with his pawn! Oh, he knew that boy was trouble, never doing as he was supposed to, but this, this was too much! Acting like a whore to the darkside, oh, how he would make the brat suffer!

"How dare you come here!" he roared, ignoring how the room, who had all had paused at his previous bellow, took a step back. He was too focused on the monster daring to stand in his hall.

///

Stepping away from Harrison, yet remaining in front of him to ensure that any potential spell fire wouldn't hit him, Marvolo allowed an expression of confusion to cross his face. The old man didn't seem to notice that everybody was looking at him with judgement, too caught up in his own world, but Marvolo saw it, and relished in it.

"Are you speaking to me, Mr Dumbledore?" he asked, internally smirking when the whispers rose. The students were confused as to why their precious headmaster was acting like this, though many didn't seem shocked as they had read about his recent disgrace in the Wizengamot.

"How dare you come here and stand amongst these innocent souls, LORD VOLDEMORT!"

The room exploded at that announcement, some people freezing in fear whilst others jumped into motion. Namely the teachers, upon hearing Dumbledore's claims they quickly stepped forward and moved the students away, though Harrison remained, hidden behind Marvolo, unwilling to leave.

Rolling his eyes Marvolo let out a dry laugh, "are you still on that? How many times must I say it? I am not Lord Voldemort."

Dumbledore though didn't seem to listen nor care, instead he brandished his wand theatrically, causing everybody still near him to hurry back even further, the students visibly frightened by the volatile actions. Though some took that as a sign to step forward, namely professors McGonagall, Flitwick, and Moody.

"Albus! Are you even thinking?!" Minerva hissed, sounding shockingly like her animagus form, "put your wand away!"

Dumbledore sent her a look of pity, he didn't know why his faithful followers were doubting him but he would show them, he would show them all, "I am clearly the only one thinking!"