How to catch a goat

Chapter 45

~

Previously

Sirius pulled a face at the snake tongue, "again, seriously?" he whispered

Smirking, Harry drew away and hugged his father, "I've missed you too, why don't know."

Sirius tightened his hold, "because I'm awesome."

"you're certainly something," Lucius muttered. The children who were waiting for Harry, laughed at that.

Pulling away Harry let his magic caress his mates one last time, "write to me if anything happens?" he asked.

"I will, I trust you to do the same," Marvolo said with a nod.

///

Albus paced his office as he waited to hear back from St. Mungo's, the hospital ran on taxes and donations, so was free to use for magical British citizens, however outside sources, such as an international tournament or the world cup, needed to pay towards their treatments. This change in policy had been introduced years ago, and Albus had supported it, now though it was coming back to haunt him as he did not have the funds to pay for an expert. Both his private, and Hogwarts own school funds, were running dangerously low. However he knew he couldn't not get young Ron the best help, if only to save his reputation, he couldn't have his champion left unattended.

Green flames broke him from his thoughts as magical creature specialists stepped from the floo.

"Welcome welcome," Albus greeted, smiling genially.

The healer at the front scowled at the headmaster, "where is the boy?" she demanded, unsure why the headmaster had summoned them here instead of directly to the hospital wing.

"Now my dear, I thought it best to greet you here and inform you of the situation."

"We have been informed, your medi-witch has kept us up to date. You're just wasting precious time now, headmaster."

Albus scowled but swung his arm out to show them to the door, he would walk with them to the hospital wing, perhaps if they saw the state of the boy they would forget about the bills. He could always argue his way out of it by garnering sympathy about poor Ron's fate. Everybody knew of the financial difficulties faced by the Weasley family, added with their recent loss... Yes, he could use that to spin his tale.

Still, that he even had to think up such plans was tedious, he deserved better. If only he still had access to Potter's money, then this wouldn't be a problem, or even just having access to his own powers. Whatever the brat had done to get out of the tournament was still affecting him, his magic was still weak and lethargic. He was getting desperate at this point. If anybody found out he would be done for, he could hardly function daily at the moment, simply casting basic charms left him breathless. He needed more power.

///

Harrison sat with his friends in the great hall, they had all joined him at the Ravenclaw table, surrounding them where the students from all schools. The anxious energy that the students let off being mirrored by the staff who sat up on the dais.

"Do you think he will be able to continue?" Draco asked

"If he's able to, he has to," Blaise pointed out, "the rules are clear, he competes or he loses his magic."

"He will, though I think he is starting to realise his mistakes,'' Luna agreed with a hum.

Harrison titled his head, he wouldn't forgive the boy, but if he took himself off the board, so to speak, he supposed he would be able to let him go. He knew that although a part of him craved retribution, to see the redhead withering in agony under his wand, he would be able to settle for Ron fading away into obscurity; out of sight out of mind.