Chapter 17 - The surprise visitor

"I try to be a nice person. But sometimes my mouth doesn't cooperate."

Number 4 Privet Drive was nothing short of ordinary, It was your average house that was on an average street with other average-looking houses on it. I thought it looked like someone had taken a cookie cutter and made a multitude of houses that were identical. In other words, it was... boring, Perfect for the Dursleys I guess.

With one last look at my mum who was standing slightly behind me, I smirked to myself and rang the doorbell. After a few minutes of silence, I heard someone fiddling with the key in the lock. The door opened only enough for me to see a long horse-like face peer through the gap.

"Yes?" The woman who I guessed was Harry's aunt asked haughtily. The smirk that was previously on my face had been replaced by an innocent smile.

"Hello, I'm so sorry to disturb you but unfortunately my car broke down and I was wondering whether I could borrow your phone?"  My mother asked Petunia who looked at us suspiciously.

"Do you not have a mobile phone?" Petunia asked raising a single eyebrow.

"Actually Miss, it, unfortunately, ran out of battery. My mother and I saw how nicely your house and garden were being kept and we knew you were respectable people, that's why we knocked on your door, "I said in a sickly sweet voice.

Mrs Dursley was clearly pleased with my comment as her nose raised in the air with pride. She seemed to be having a debate with herself about whether or not to let us in. I looked up slightly to take in the rest of the outside of the house when I notice the bars that were drilled around one of the upstairs windows. I clenched my jaw and gritted my teeth in anger but kept my facade on my face.

I'm going to kill them- Yep, they're dead.

"Well, okay then," Mrs Dursley said interrupting my thoughts about murder. She opened the door and lead us into the living room.

"You stay here, I'll go get the phone," She instructed us bossily. Once she was back she handed the phone to my Mum and stood there watching us. Mum began making a fake call to the pickup service.

"Excuse me miss? Do mind if I use your restroom?" I asked as politely as possible.

"Yes, yes upstairs first door on your left but be quick I'm sure your mother won't be long," She said sighing frustrated. I nodded in thanks and quickly made my way upstairs. Once I was on the landing I looked around. It appeared no one but Mrs Dursley was here. I just hoped Harry was somewhere hear too.

"Okay, if I was a specky, dark-haired twelve-year-old boy where would I be?" I whispered to myself as I began looking at all the closed doors deciding which one to check first. On one of the doors, there were multiple locks and a chain that was obviously used to keep the door shut.

"Your bloody joking," I whisper shouted in disbelief and anger.

I quickly made my way to the door and kneeled down in front of it. I undid the chain and turned one of the locks. I took a bobby pin out of my hair and picked the other locks that were keeping the door closed. I had learned to unpick locks years ago, my mum used to lock me in my room when I wasn't cooperative. I'd often sneak out in the middle of the night.

After they were all unlocked I took a deep breath and prayed to all gods that Harry Potter was behind this door. I turned the handle and pushed the door open.

A/N - Sorry it's short ♥

♥-----------------------------------------------------------------♥