Chapter 30 - The Rogue Bludger

"Don't decide to become extraordinary. Decide to accomplish extraordinary things,"

Since the disastrous episode of the pixies,  Lockhart had not brought live creatures to class. Instead, he read passages from his books to us and sometimes re-enacted some of the more dramatic bits. Much to everyone's amusement, he usually picked Harry to help him with these reconstructions; so far, Harry had been forced to play a simple Transylvanian villager whom Lockhart had cured of a Babbling Curse, a yeti with a head cold, and a vampire who had been unable to eat anything except lettuce since Lockhart had dealt with him. Harry was hauled to the front of the class during our very next Defense Against the Dark Arts lesson, this time acting as a werewolf. If we hadn't had a very good reason for keeping Lockhart in a good mood, I knew he would have refused to do it. 

"Nice loud howl, Harry — exactly — and then, if you'll believe it, I pounced — like this— slammed him to the floor — just with one hand, I managed to hold him down —with my other, I put my wand to his throat — I then screwed up my remaining strength and performed the immensely complex Homorphus Charm - he let out a piteous moan— go on, Harry — higher than that — good — the fur vanished — the fangs shrank —and he turned back into a man. Simple, yet effective — and another village will remember me forever as the hero who delivered them from the monthly terror of werewolf attacks." The bell rang and Lockhart got to his feet. 

I gave Harry a very amused look as he made his way back to his seat. Theo, Daphne, Blaise, and I often sniggered through these performances which made Harry glare at us. 

"What a load of rubbish," I muttered to Blaise looking at Lockhart who was waving the students out of the classroom.

"If that man even got with a mile radius of a werewolf he would've been ripped to pieces," I continued as we made our way out of the door.

"Homework — compose a poem about my defeat of the Wagga Wagga Werewolf! Signed copies of Magical Me to the author of the best one!" Lockhart called after us making me roll my eyes.

"You'll need the books for that, want to borrow mine?" Blaise asked.

"Yeah, thanks. We can do it together in the library at the weekend if that's good with you," I said smiling before I was pulled away by Harry.

"Yeah that's fine, I'll see you later bells!" Blaise called as Harry dragged me back to Lockhart's classroom.

Harry dragged me all the way to the classroom entrance where Hermione and Ron were already waiting.

"Oh yeah, I forgot we need to ask him for the permission slip don't we," I remembered.

 "Wait till everyone's gone," said Hermione nervously. "All right..." 

She approached Lockhart's desk, a piece of paper clutched tightly in her hand, Me, Harry and Ron right behind her.