Chapter 24 - The Howler

"Work until your idols are your rivals,"

"No way," Hermione said early the next morning. "There is no way I'm coming with you to meet him!" She hissed quietly making sure not to wake lavender or Pavarti up.

"Why nottttt?" I whined whilst getting dressed.

"I am not coming with you to meet Peeves, he hates me!" She protested again.

I had shaken Hermione awake at 5:00 this morning to see if she would accompany me on a trip to see my favorite Poltergeist.

"I'll tell him to be nice and after I'll show you something amazing! Pleaseeee," I said pouting.

Hermione was quiet for a moment as she eyed me suspiciously- her interest slightly higher at the mention of a surprise.

"Fine! But this surprise better be spectacular!" She huffed before getting out of bed and putting her robes on.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I squealed jumping up and down.

"We have two hours before Breakfast starts at 7:30," Hermione said. Once we were finished getting ready I dragged Hermione out of the common room and through the Portrait hole.

"Your up early Isabella, oh and you brought a friend, how nice," Marry said smiling.

"Hey Mary, this is Hermione, Hermione this is Mary," I said Gesturing to Hermione who waved. "best be off I have a poltergeist to see," I said waving before turning and walking away.

"Stay out of trouble!" I heard her call after me.

I looked top Hermione to see her fiddling with her hair, something I noticed she did when she was nervous.

"Relax Hermione, You'll be fine," I said interlacing my hand with hers to comfort her. She nodded.

I took her down a few corridors making sure we were away from people.

"PEEVES!" I yelled when we stopped moving. Hermione's head snapped to me.

"What are you doing?!" She whisper yelled to me but I ignored her.

"What for it," I said holding my finger. On queue, we both heard a whizzing sound and then all of a sudden.

"BOO!" Peeves yelled from behind us making us jump. Peeves started cackling.

"Bellsy your back!" He said happily but his smile dropped slightly when he saw Hermione.

"Who's this?" He said looking at her suspiciously. I rolled my eyes.

"This, Peeves is Hermione, you know the girl I've mentioned to you multiple times," I said as if it were obvious.

"Right... And why is she here?" He asked sassily. Hermione looked down embarrassed.