Chapter 41 - The Knight bus

"In the end, even the stars choose destruction over life."

It was just my luck. The minute I was up amongst the late-night clouds, it began to drizzle with rain. The drizzle soon turned into heavy droplets. Mumbling profanities under my breath I pulled my coat hood over my head and gripped the handle of my nimbus two thousand firmly to avoid slipping off.

I zoomed rapidly over the countryside as I made my way towards Harry's neighbourhood. The rain pelted down on me as I weaved in between the clouds. I hadn't flown like this before, out in the open, it felt amazing and I couldn't help but lets out a cheer as I picked up my speed. After around five minutes of flying over the fields and trees, slowly houses started to come into view. I flew over the muggle housing estates, making sure to stay out of sight. 

Once I was closer to the muggle park, where Harry was, I leaned forward on my broomstick and descended further down towards the floor. After a few more minutes of flying, the park finally came into view. It was nothing extravagant, it was old and the metal on the slide, swings and climbing frame was rusted.

I floated down to the floor before hopping off of my broomstick and putting the broom into my bag. I unzipped my coat pocket and pulled my wand out. The playground was silent and the only thing to be heard was the sound of my own footsteps. I grasped my wand firmly in my hand as I searched for any sign of my best friend. The rain had gone back to drizzling and the water droplets spat halfheartedly at my face.

"Bella?" I heard from behind me making my whirl around with my wand out. I sighed in relief when I saw that my wand was inches away from Harry's face. He was wearing a hoodie that covered his face, his clothes were soaked from the rain. Dropping my hand I pushed my hood down to reveal my face. Harry sighed in relief.

I quickly pulled him into a hug only to feel how cold he was.

"God your freezing Harry, How long have you been out here?!" I whisper yelled at him trying to peer under his hood to see his face.

Harry hugged me back and I leant my head on his shoulder. We had clearly both grown over the summer, both of us were a lot taller, yet as usual, we were both moderately the same height. Harry and I had always looked quite alike and even now we were going through puberty a stranger walking by would assume we were siblings. The only major difference between the two of us was that Harry's eyes were a beautiful green and mine were a deep chocolate brown.

"I was out here for about half an hour before I remembered I had your number," Harry said quietly before pulling away from our hug. 

"Are you okay Harry?" I asked worriedly.

"Yeah I-I'm fine," He said pulling his hood further over his face. Sensing something was off I quickly brought my hand up and yanked his hoodie off. I gasped at what I saw. Harry went to pull his hood back up but I stopped him. There was no point now, I had seen it.