Chapter 11 - Mirror of Erised

"Judge me once you're perfect, until then close your mouth,"

As promised I met up with Blaise whenever I was free and we clicked straight away. We had the same interests and hobbies and like Ron, muggle things interested Blaise so he often encouraged me to talk about them while I asked him questions about the wizarding world as well as asking questions about him and his family. We often met in the library as it was currently too cold to go outside.

The Zabini family were purebloods and were known for being rich and intelligent, the family was also known to keep to themselves often avoiding having anything to do with other families. Blaise had expressed that even though his family were purebloods they believed that although blood status was important it wasn't essential and that his mother believed that it was "Magical capability" that was more necessary. Apparently there few people his mother surround herself with were all magically and socially powerful people and she had advised Blaise excessively to do the same (which he told me he found increasingly annoying).

Blaise had told me that despite his mother occasionally expressing pureblood supremacy beliefs their family had never been involved with Voldemort and his death eaters. Blaise had shown me pictures of his family. He looked a lot like his mother who was a beautiful woman with the same aristocratic face as Blaise. Blaise told me didn't have siblings and his father was dead which made me offer my condolences. He didn't seem overly bothered by his father's death, stating that his father had died when he was very young and that he didn't really remember him.

Once we got to know each other better we started to trust each other more I told him how I hadn't known about magic until I was eleven and that I often had magical outbursts when I got too angry or upset. I told him that me and my mother didn't have the best relationship and that I resented her for how she had treated me in the past. Blaise was horrified when I told him that my mother kept me inside. And although I had already told Harry, Ron and Hermione about my mum It felt different when I spoke to Blaise. It felt as though he truly cared about what I had to say. He was an excellent listener and I found myself more than once rambling and venting to him about my inner thoughts.

Blaise was excited when he found out I was half Italian as his family also had Italian origins. I told Blaise that I could speak Italian, to which he had told me that his mother had signed him up for classes. He told me he knew a little about the language but not a lot yet.

In return for the information I had told him, Blaise told me personal things about himself. How he didn't really have many friends from Slytherin apart from Theo and a girl called Daphne Greengrass. He even told me the rumours about his mother.

Turns out Mrs Zabini had quite the reputation, she was famously beautiful and married several times to different men who each died in mysterious circumstances, leaving her with a large amount of gold from each marriage.