Chapter 36 - Her skeleton will lie in the Chamber forever

"I was born with an insatiable appetite for destruction,"

The next morning I woke up and I was delighted to feel that I had regained my strength after last night. I pulled back the covers and got out of bed.

Pavarti came out of the bathroom.

"Finally your awake, Harry and Ron have been asking for you for half an hour. I tried waking you but you were dead to the world," She said buttoning up her robe.

"Don't try next time I put a spell up to keep the noise out," I said. "But thanks for trying," I said offering a minuscule, thin-lipped smile. I didn't really like Pavarti very much but I prefer her over Lavender definitely. She offered me a nod before leaving me alone in the dorm room. I had a shower and got changed before heading down to the common room.

Once I made it to the bottom of the stairs, I was instantly bombarded by Harry and Ron.

"There you are!" Harry said relieved. "We've got something really important to tell you," he added dragging me to a secluded spot in the common room.

"So, what is it?" I asked once we had sat down.

"Last night, are you good after... everything?" Ron asked before telling me anything else. I nodded.

"Yep, good as knew," I said smiling.

"Okay, well that girl who died. Aragog said she was found in a bathroom," said Harry. "What if she never left the bathroom? What if she's still there?" 

I was confused for a few moments before the light bulb above my head clicked on.

 "You don't think — not Moaning Myrtle?" I asked making Harry and Ron nod in return. 

At breakfast, we told Theo, Daphne, and Blasie everything that had happened last night including me going all misty on the spiders.

"What, so you screamed... and their brains melted?" Theo whispered in disbelief.

"More like all their bones snapped in two," Ron said still seeming shocked from the display I had shown yesterday.

"Are you okay?" Daphne immediately asked me.

"I'm fine," I said nodding.

"I knew it was a bad idea going into the forest," Blaise said frowning. "What if you couldn't get rid of the spiders in time?" He said his frown deepening.

"Well we're all fine, stop frowning, you'll get wrinkles," I said sipping my tea. We then told them about Myrtle.

"All those times we were in that bathroom, and she was just three toilets away," Theo said bitterly, "and we could've asked her, and now..." 

It had been hard enough trying to look for spiders. Escaping their teachers long enough to sneak into a girls' bathroom, the girls' bathroom, moreover, right next to the scene of the first attack was going to be almost impossible.