Chapter 47 - Hogsmeade Village

"May you be in heaven a full half-hour before the devil knows you're dead," - Grace Burgess

In no time at all, Defense Against the Dark Arts had become most people's favorite class. Only Malfoy and his gang of Slytherins had anything bad to say about Remus. And no one seemed to be bothered about their opinion especially not Remus.

"Look at the state of his robes," Malfoy would say in a loud whisper as Remus passed. "He dresses like our old house-elf." 

I struggled not to snap and lunge at Malfoy every time he said something about my Godfather. But I had been in high spirits recently. I had been down in the chamber every night after curfew. This of course meant that I spent less time with my friends in the common room and I had stopped meeting with Blaise as much in the library.

With Hela's permission, I had started going down all the different pipes and tunnels and cleaning them of year's worth of dirt, slime, and bones. I fixed any blocked tunnels and had started adding self-cleaning spells on them so that anytime they got dirty they would automatically be cleaned. In the main chamber, I had added flaming torches along the walls, making it so I no longer had to use my wand to light the way. I also cleared any flooding in the chamber or tunnels. Hela seemed quite chuffed with my actions and had started giving me decorating options.

The basilisk's personality wasn't what I had assumed, she was quite chatty. Not that I blamed her she had been cooped up down here all this time. I had offered to set her free as I felt bad for keeping her as a sort of pet down her-- but Hela had refused to leave her first master's living place. She had said it was "her duty" to stay here and look after my bloodline. Accepting her answer I invited her to confide in me if she needed to and the large serpent had grown to trust me more and was clearly more comfortable in my presence.

I had only just started exploring Slytherin's study. I had looked through a couple of the cupboards in the first office but hadn't even gotten onto the library or the potions lab yet. Since I was there every night, sometimes I would sleep in the bedroom and wake up early enough to head back to the common room before breakfast. I had grown slightly paranoid - as usual- and had decided to add more protection to the entrance to the chamber. I had searched the restricted section for powerful protection spells and had made it so only someone from the Slytherin bloodline could open the chamber. I didn't trust Dumbledore enough and now that he knew where the entrance was I wasn't going to risk anything. I had done the same protection spell to the entrance to the main chamber to make sure no one could get in and disturb Hela (not that they would get very far)

Lavender and Parvarti were becoming increasingly annoying and would continuously ask me where I went all the time. I ignored their questions and remained silent. I would have to ask Minnie soon whether Hermione, Ginny, and I could move into a new dorm. I don't know how much more of Lavender's questions I can take. Plus I was worried about Ginny. I had asked Ron how she was coping with the events that happened last year and Ron had broken the news to me that over the summer Ginny had been nearly silent all of the time.