"Surprise"

My heart was beating out of my chest when I walked towards the room of the child who might not like me simply because I am in love with their mother or feel like I was a quick rebound due to the death of her father or maybe simply hate me for being me. The intense feeling of not knowing what is about to hit you was worse than actually getting hit but Angie was more relaxed than I was which calmed me down for a second and Anna had decided to get some fruit basket which was code for giving me, Ruby and Angie space.

“Don’t worry too much, I can sense your nerves” Angie said.

“I can’t help it plus I suck with teens” I informed
.
“We all do baby” she smiled and suddenly we stopped at a pink door with the number 307 and that is when I realised that there was no turning back and Ruby was about to shred me to pieces before her mother could even blink. Angie slowly opened the door and waited for me to enter

“Come in” a soft voice said.

I quickly smiled and entered as if I wasn’t as nervous as I was. The blinding lights of the room were pink and a bunch of flowers and teddy bears filled the room which irritated me but that wasn’t why I was here and my nerves cannot trigger my OCD at that moment.
A smile that I saw distracted me from a mental spiral. A beautiful brunet girl lit up the room with her smile, she had a beautiful face like her mother but I could see a few features that she inherited from her father. Her freckled nose was the exact replica of her mothers and the colour of her eyes matched those of Angie. The only thing that seemed to be missing was a mean aura, she seemed way too nice to be the girl that bothered her mother.

“Ruby dear, this is Jane Day and Jane, this is my daughter Ruby” Angie introduced and the young replica of Angie smiled and handed her hand to greet me.

“I thought it was a hyperbole when mother said you are the most beautiful woman she has ever seen” Ruby said.

“I beg to differ because to me she was the most beautiful woman I have ever seen” I said

“Was?” Angie asked

“Well, now I met your daughter and she took the number one spot” I joked

“And now I will forever have a big head about that thank you very much” Ruby laughed

“My pleasure” I smiled

“I like her already” Ruby expressed.

“I knew you would, she is pretty amazing” Angie said

“I am still here” I said while motioning my existence.

“Sorry” they both said simultaneously.

Happiness oozed out of Angie while I still didn’t know how to act or what to say. I had never been a conversationalist but I was hoping I’d make an effort for Angie but it seems like my mind had stopped working.

“When my mother told me that you were coming, I tried to maybe stalk you on social media and I found nothing” Ruby said sounding amused

“I hate being out there” I informed.

“Honestly me too” Ruby said

“Really?” I asked, I have heard stories about her and they didn’t seem to correspond with what she was saying.

“Yes, I am an introvert but I do have socials” she chuckled

“I mean socials are amazing but also very toxic, you have people who pretend, people who do extreme things and people who are only there to harm others so I excused myself from such things” I explained.