"Gap"

The most amazing thing about love is the person you experience it with. The pain and emotions a person has to go through to come full circle with it is both beautiful and scary. Angie had seen me at my worst and I have recently seen her at her worst, she had been grieving the death of her husband, the backlash of our moment at the hospital and she had to try to be strong for Ruby meanwhile she neglected my existence. She had insisted that it was unnecessary for me to attend the funeral so on the day of the funeral I wore a black sheer dress and watched the funeral from a local news channel, I hoped that the deep connection that we had would comfort her or her knowing that I loved her was comfort enough. The funeral was sad as usual and Ruby seemed inconsolable while Angie tried her best to ensure that her daughter was okay.

Days went by without communication from Angie and I assumed that maybe she was still dealing with the loss she had unexpectedly encountered but Anna remained by my side until she had to leave for an important meeting with a "friend" but deep down I knew that it was unlikely. My mother had called to inform me that she wouldn't be attending the funeral and Angie already knew and she mentioned that she was on resting while trying to do a few things that my father would have wanted to do and that made me happy.

Water flowed out of the water can like the rain and that was enough to convince the plants to grow, their naive nature made then oblivious to the fact that the water that I was pouring wasn't as raw as the rain. I barely visited the garden but pain had compelled me to see a different view. I wasn't angry but I missed Angie dearly and the white rose wasn't helping as it seems like the perfect representation of her, hair as white as snow, thorns to prick just in case someone wants to touch with no sense of care and the mightiness of the flower was amicable.

The wind had begun to howl louder than a wolf when the moon is full and the plants were gracefully dancing in the direction of the wind. The fascination of nature wasn't one I claimed but the dance made me wish I had a passion for it. It made so much sense why my father preferred the environment; it was calming and somewhat magical. The little pain that was bothering me started to fade, I could no longer feel it and all the engulfed me was the beauty that surrounded me. How could anyone not want to live this amazing life of plant? How could I be so blinded? I wondered.

The magic of flowers have made me understand that Angie was lost and drowning in grief but she couldn't save herself as she was too focused on saving her daughter. Her sacrificial nature had taken over again and maybe she needed me to save her the same way she saved me when I had told my father, I didn't know or understand that she was my saviour but the flower that I was watering made me see it. People often see the beauty of a plant and forget about the root. People had forgotten about Angie because all they could see was Ruby, a child who had lost her father due to the accident and her mother who left the man because of multiple made up reasons. A reporter had claimed that Angie had cheated on her husband with a woman and another claimed that Angie wasn't a good husband or mother and that is why John left her and all those made me want to sue the whole news world but I knew better.

"I didn't peg you as a gardener" a voice that I knew too well said, I didn't know if all the toxins that are in these plants made me crazy or Angie was really here and speaking to me.

"If you were really here, I'd tell you that you made me do it" I chuckled.

"But I am really here" Angie said and at that very moment, I dropped everything on the ground and ran towards her. She was in a pair of black jeans, a white blouse and a pair of white converse sneakers and yet she still looked like it was illegal to breathe the same air as she was.

"Cherub" she said as soon as my whole body collided with hers.

"I missed you so much" I could feel a lump form in my throat.