"Volcano"

A beautiful day spent with Angie was something I didn’t know I needed, we had roamed around town like two best friends who went out to explore the city without permission from their respective parents. We jumped into puddles of rain water while everyone stared at like we had escaped a mental asylum but all those snickers and stares did nothing but motivate us to enjoy while they suffered in hate. We visited each and every book store in the city and we managed to buy only thirty books of each genre and we almost laughed our head off when the assistant silently judged us for buying erotic novels, I believed that he thought we were mother and daughter who had lost their way. The theatre had summoned us and we ended up watching a forty minute play which didn’t seem to make sense but we enjoyed every minute of it. We had stopped at a few shops and bought a few things that didn’t mean much but watching Angie try out multiple outfits was pleasing to my eye.

As darkness consumed the city we decided to stop at a modern restaurant for dinner, even though we looked like we were playing in the sand for the entire day. The sets of eyes stared right into us as we walked in but they were overcome with so much disgust to the point whereby they couldn’t believe that we had the whole private section to ourselves and that was all thanks to Angie knowing the owner of the restaurant.

“Thank you for your service” Angie said to the waiter and he nodded and left.

“Wow, I am tired” I said as soon as my arse felt comfort that accompanied the couch.

“We had an eventful day”

“You made town seem like a breeze” I confessed

“When you are happy, everything around you seems more beautiful than it actually is” Angie said.

“Hey, do not down play your impact as a fun person to be around”

“Well I have to balance us, you are the boring young one and I am the fun old person” she chuckled

“One would swear we are made for each other”

“If we aren’t, then I am going to sue the universe” Angie joked

“You would probably win that case because the evidence is right here”

“Bonus point is that I am after all a great lawyer” she bragged and I couldn’t help but be amused.

“Would you like to order something” the waiter said, we had been too engraved in each other to the point where other people seemed extinct.

“Oh please give us a moment, we haven’t read the menu yet” Angie said and the waiter walked away.

“Time and people seem to disappear when we are together” I said

“That is what I was thinking about right now, it is beautiful isn’t it?” I watched as her face lit up.

“It is and so are you in those muddy pants” I joked

“I could wear garbage and you’d still think I am some goddess”

“That’s because you are a literal goddess”

“Well thank you and please let’s order something”

==
“That was amazing” I confessed to Angie while wiping my mouth. We had eaten while we chatted like we were old friends who haven't seen each other in ages. The waiter had joined in on one of our conversations and the supervisor scolded him like he was a sly child.

“I knew you would like it here, my family used to bring me here for celebrations when we were younger. My brother and I would be mischievous and everyone would leave with hatred for us” Angie said. She barely spoke about her family but when she did, I could sense her whole body tense up and I have tried to reconcile her with her family but she always assured me that she loved them but if they can’t love her back then it is their problem not hers.