"The End"

Joyful music spread across the house while loud chatters filled the house, it was easier to hear the chatter than it was to hear the music that Ruby had chosen. In the midst of a beautiful day, all I could think about was the day that was similar to this one, my wedding day. We had settled on a beautiful small wedding that still became the talk of the town regardless of how miniscule it was but Ruby decided on a big wedding. Today is the day of the daughter I had inherited due to love, not only was she perfect but she was also very loving in all senses and I will forever be grateful to Angie for allowing me to experience such love from both her and her daughter. We had been planning this day for more than a year and I knew that regardless of the fact that she will no longer be coming to our house whenever she was bored, she would still be the most important part of our lives.

“Mommy, Mama won’t let us eat cake in these stupid white dresses” Theodora said while she held on to Adora, her twin sister.

“Your mommy is correct or else you will mess yourselves up and your older sister would get upset on her wedding day” I said.

“We will wear our aprons” Theo suggested

“Listen, there is plenty of cake but you will have to wait until the ceremony is complete” I said

“Let’s go Theo” Adora said.

“Okay” Theo scoffed and stormed out still clinging to Adora.

Seven years later and I still couldn’t believe that we had created two humans beings and adorned them with all the love that we had. From the first time I held them, I knew that Theo was the strong one and had the qualities of her mother, Angie, while Adora had a calm nature that she inherited from me. Angie held on to them and promised that she will love them for eternity while Ruby couldn’t believe that she was a sister at the age of nineteen but since that day, she had never let them down neither did she care not to give them sweets right before bedtime and for that they respected and loved her more than they did us. They were identical twins with different shades, while Adora has my skin Theo was lighter than we were but not as pale as Angie. They loved their curly brown hair while Angie struggled with it whenever I was at work, she would call me to ask what it needed but she ended up getting the hang of it and now she is their hairstylist.

“Your mother is on her way” a woman said while standing at the door.

“Okay” I said. My mother had been living in Canada and she has recently fallen in love with a man named Elliot, she was head over heels in love with him but she would still feel guilty for being happy.

I stared in the mirror while fixing my makeup and contemplating on the dress that Ruby had chosen for me. The light blue fabric didn’t look appealing to me but this was the theme that she had chosen for her wedding.

“The twins wanted cake and I refused them” Angie said while leaning on the door. I stared at the reflection in complete awe.

“They did come in here to trick me into giving them the cake” I rolled my eyes.

“Where did they learn such trickery?” Angie said. She was wearing a pastel blue suit and a white bra to complete the look, she is still the most beautiful woman I have ever seen.

“From their amazing sister” I chuckled

“Yes” she smiled “You are beautiful” she said while walking in my direction.

“So are you” I said.

“Thank you cherub” she kissed my hair

“How is Ruby?” I asked

“She is having wedding day jitters and that is why I am here” she said and I turned to look at her “She said that she needed to talk with her more level headed mother” she chuckled