"Went"

If her hands were peace then waking up next to her was intergalactic because in my entire existence I have never felt anything like it. Her breathing sounded like the raw wind sounded like, her glowing skin made stars look like they weren’t shinning enough and her entire body seemed like that galaxy that needed to be explored. Her freckles were the epitome of a milky way, perfectly placed on her already soft skin.

“Stop studying me” her morning voice was the most amazing sound I have ever heard, in fact everything about her was the paragon of perfection, from how she spoke to how she remained silent.

As I was still fishing for a less awkward answer, she turned and looked at me as if I was the most interesting creature she has ever laid her eyes on “You really are the most interesting person I’ve ever seen” she said, astonishing me. I was still getting used to her reading my mind and it still baffled me how I was struggling when she has acquired a PhD in my mind.

“You are reading my mind” I said.

“It’s one of my special gifts, I read minds and that is why I am the best lawyer in town” she chuckled

“Here I was thinking I was special” I teased
“Oh but you are”

“Why, thank you” I chuckled and attempted to get out of bed but her hands held on to me as if she didn’t want me to get out of the bed “Don’t leave just yet” she said with a perfect pout.

“My breath smells” I said

“Who cares? At least we will both have smelly morning breath together” she said and I gave in. Angie had the power of making me comply with whatever it is that she wanted me to do and a part of me loved those little moments when she dominated me to a certain extent.

“Very persuasive” I teased.

“My other special power” she blushed “So...?” I asked but before I could finish my sentence she had already answered my pending question “how about we stay in and let’s play a little game” she suggested.

“What game?” I asked curiously

“It is a game people play to get to know more about one another so I’ll ask you a question and you will answer it truthfully” she explained and already I was intrigued, there is so much I wanted to ask her and there is so much I wanted her to learn from about me “Okay” I happily answered.

“What do you really think of me?” she asked.

“In my mind you are the paragon of perfection” I answered truthfully and I witnessed as her face lit up.

“Wow, a whole paragon?” she asked and all I did was nod “Your question” she reminded me.

“What did your high school sweetheart do to you” I asked

“She tried to blackmail me into coming out as soon as she realised that I was getting success as a lawyer but her threats were short lived because I am smart after all” she bragged.

“I thought she loved you” I said and all she did was shrug.

“My question, tell me about your first kiss” she demanded.

“Well my first kiss was with my mentor, it was the most beautiful thing yet so scary” I answered.

“Wait, I was your first?” she was as shocked as a I was when I witnessed a rat holding a can of coke with both hands while drinking it. “Yes” I replied.

“I am honoured” she smiled.

“Have you ever been in love?” I asked.

“I will never ever forget the first time I saw my daughter, before her I thought I knew what love is but as soon as I held her in my arms I knew that there is no love in this world greater than that one but then you walked into my office and suddenly I wasn’t too sure because what I felt was stronger and more passionate than the love I experienced from my amazing daughter” she said and all I was left with was a shocked face and an unintentional smile that escaped when she mentioned me.