"Serenity"

The orange beauty that stood above me made everything seem clearer and more beautiful; she had the ability to enhance what was already beautiful to seem out of this world except for me. I had been indulging in this good old house and ensuring that I wasn’t seeing anyone, not even Anna. I wasn’t sad but neither was I happy, I had written down every pro and con of going see Angie and somehow every time I rewrote it the cons keep on getting longer while the list of pros lose its volume. I had refrained from taking any phone calls unless if they were from the university, concerning my graduation.

The swimming pool has become my only closest friend, I would read to it and when the sun was too much for my liking I would gently get into the water and float like I didn’t have any weight. The feeling of blocked ears under the water made me feel like I was in a very peaceful sanctuary even though I knew that the world above me was not even close to peaceful. The art that presented itself under the water was pleasing to my eyes, regardless of the fact that sometimes my eyes would hurt from the still water that only moved when I did.
Under the pretence sea, all I ever thought about was how my simple life had taken such a huge turn, I had feelings for someone and those feelings could bring jeopardy into both our lives. The kind of jeopardy that wouldn’t put us in jail but the kind that would make everyone put us in some sort of mental jail, the kind that would create enemies and the kind would try to separate us but my thoughts were cut when I heard the door bell.

The reluctance that came over me was overwhelming but I knew that I had ordered some pizza and I needed to actually get out of the water to receive and tip the delivery person
“I am coming!” I said while trying to wrap the towel on my wet body and as soon as I managed I grabbed my purse and hurried to the door. While I was fishing for the tip I was hit by an intoxicating smell of vanilla, the same smell that intoxicated me the first time I met Angie.

“Hello” the silver haired beauty said and yet again I could not utter a word.

“Are you not going to let me in?” she said softly and all I did was step away from the door to let her grace walk in. I had forgotten that I was not appropriately dressed because her presence was enough to distract me from the world.

“Nice to see you too Jane” she said while I was stupidly staring and her face. I hadn’t realised that I had closed the door and now I was just standing behind the door like a visitor in my own house.

“I was not expecting anyone but the pizza” I said.

“Well, you have been avoiding me and your mother so she asked me to come and see if you are still okay” she said while scanning my whole body “Oh, sorry let me go get dressed” I said as I noticed how she was intensely staring.

“You seem great” she said and suddenly I felt my whole body heat up

“You are not very welcoming to guests” she chuckled when she realised that I went mute again.

“Sorry” I said unintentionally.

“Stop” she said

“...” I wanted to speak but my words were failing me.

“Okay maybe I shouldn’t have come, I will tell your mother that you are okay” she said while making her way to the door

“No, don’t go!” I said.

“Oh she has found her voice” she said sounding amused.

“I am sorry, I...” I wanted to say so much but I couldn’t even make up words or even use them “Breath Jane, it is just me” I know that she trying to make me feel better but she was the only reason I couldn’t speak or do anything at that matter. I was a soaking wet girl who has become mute because of the woman she had thought was her friend and the thought of that made me chuckle.