"amore"

The first thing I wanted to hear when I woke up was the soulful music that my mother listened to every morning since we fixed things but as soon as I came to my senses I realised I wouldn’t be hearing that sound anymore as my mother left for Canada the previous day. After the graduation we had a minor party with just me, Anna, Anna’s family and my Mother. I was the most perfect way to celebrate my success and the next day we took my mother to the airport and said our final goodbyes, it was emotional but we had promised each other that we would video call each other every day.
As soon as I got home, the gap that my mother filled was empty again and all I did was read a book and head to bed. After the graduation ceremony I had looked everywhere for Angie but it seemed like she left as soon as the dean officially ended the ceremony and that broke my heart, I wanted to talk to her but it seemed like she wasn’t ready to talk to me and when my mother saw my disappointment she kissed me and promised that everything will be fine but I was at the point whereby I couldn’t even believe her. If Angie could feel what I feel then why couldn’t she feel that I was longing for her? Why couldn’t she feel that she was missing in my life? Maybe this chemistry wasn’t as strong as she made it out to be or perhaps was just selling me a complete lie but I knew that I didn’t believe that because I could feel it too. I felt it when she looked at me during the ceremony, it felt like everything was pushing us towards each other and when she hugged me to congratulate me, formally, I didn’t want to let go and I could tell that she didn’t was to let go either and at that moment I knew that I was willing to do anything to get her back.
I had only five months left and after that my whole being would be working towards making our family business and international affair. My mother was in charge of the new offices in Canada and I was to be in complete control of our headquarters and I was ready to lead the elite group of construction workers, architects, designers and etc because that is what trained to do by my father.

“Wakey Wakey Jane!” Anna yelled while preparing to jump on my bed “Why so loud?” I asked and she threw herself on the bed “Because my friend is free for five months” she said with a smile that chased her ears.

“So what is the plan” she asked happily.

“Nothing really, I think I’ll be getting familiar with the company” I said.

“Bitch please, nobody knows that company more that you do”

“I know but still”

“Nope you have only five months of freedom and I would be a bad friend to let you waste it with work” she said

“Okay, I’ll read all the books I ever wanted to read” I said excitedly

“Oh my goodness” she said while pretending to be in pain.

“What?” I asked

“Friend, I know that you are my boring little innocent friend but so much has happened and I believe that maybe it is time to spice it up a bit, you liked having feelings for someone so maybe you will enjoy all these other things you refrained from doing” she was convincing but not enough

“I’m not too sure” I expressed

“Okay, I know you are an introvert so how about we start small?” she suggested

“How small?” I asked

“Okay so how about we start by going to a book reading?” she suggested

“Okay that is better”

“Great then how about you get ready and we will go”

“Wait, right now?” I asked in complete shock

“Yes, Stephania Queen is having a reading and a book signing plus I know that you have always wanted to meet her” she said.

“Ah I cannot refuse that!” I said while walking to my bathroom.