Gun

He lunged forward at me before I could even think of retreating. His strong bloodied hands where wrapped around my throat as he squoze with a malicious look across his face. The corners of his mouth twisted up in a sinister smile. I swang my arms at his, only connecting with his body a couple of times. My Mom came running out of my peripheral, she grabbed at his hands trying to pry them off my neck, only making him tighten his grip. He flung her off him with one flick of his wrist but she collided with the fireplace, blood pumping from a gash on her temple immediately. I tried to call to her but the grip muffled my voice. I scratched at his arms and his face as I fought to get away from him.

My dads grip faltered for a second and his head snapped up and he looked over to the door he had invited himself through. He had obviously heard something. He still held onto me tightly enough that I couldn't call out for help but not tight enough that I was panicked for breath. He moved me away from the direct line of the window.

My brother came walking In, skidding to a stop when he saw the incident happening in front of him . He just stared at me obviously in turmoil on what to do, shocked at the scene playing out. I nodded towards Mom, his eyes going wide at the sight of the blood. He went to mom first to check she was still breathing, he looked relieved that she wasn't dead. Tom turned back to me standing and taking a step towards us. My dad backed away still holding onto my throat. "Dad, what are you doing? Your going to kill her!" Tom screamed across the room

"And why would that matter? What does she do for this family? When's the last time you saw her? She wrote us all off a long time ago. She doesn't care about us" his grip tightened around my neck "All she cares about is her flashy houses, cars and the money. I put her on this earth and I can take her away from it. She's got no respect I gave her that career. I gave up everything for her and what thanks do I get?! Nothing, ungrateful little bitch" he lets go of my throat only to backhand me. His power sending me flying into the coffee table. He didn't leave me free for long as he wrapped his hand around my hair and dragged me back to him. I sobbed as he yanked me onto my knees. I tried to grab his leg to get my balance but he just kicked my arms away forcing me to hang until I could regain my stability.

"Dad she's trying to help Mom, why can't you see that? Are you so selfish that you think this is to get back at you? She left so you wouldn't kill her, can you blame her for that?" Tom tried to pick up Mom but she looked like a dead weight. He managed to move her off the fireplace and place a pillow under her head, making sure she's out of harms way.

"Pfft, help. Is that what she's said she's going to do? What help is she? She's not smart enough to help. She's only good at one thing and she doesn't do that anymore. Too busy with her rapper boyfriend..." he leans down to sneer in my face "Waste of space. What's wrong little drama queen, have you realised your worthless yet?"

"Please Dad just let me go. I'll send you more money. I won't even press charges. Just please leave" I begged. He just laughed in my face.

"Like I can just let you go and let you take my family away from me? I'd rather kill us all. I'd start with you" he pulls me up to glare at me "I think I'd slit your throat and let you bleed out. Not too deep mind, that way you can watch us die first"  My brother gasped, he stood up and crossed the gap between us in seconds. Before he could get to me our Dad kicked him full force in the stomach. He fell back, his hip hitting the arm of the sofa sending him flying into the tv. He landed heavily on the floor holding onto his stomach, the tv tittering over. I unrealistically tried to reach out and stop the tv from falling but my dad had my hair gripped too tight, holding me to his side. I watched as the huge tv tipped and fell onto him, he let out a mangled cry. I couldn't see if he was still moving, if he was even conscious.

I saw a shadow cast over the backyard as Austin came full speed from the bunker, gun in hand. He burst through the door, his eyes where calm as he assessed the situation but his body was well and truly ready for a fight. His feet where shoulders width apart, his shoulders dropped and his arms out in front of him holding the gun steady as he pointed it at my dads head. His eyes saddened as he eventually landed on me. I saw every emotion flash In his eyes until he settled on Anger. Red hot fiery anger. "Let her go!" He barked, his voice thick with masculinity. If this wasn't such a horrible situation, his tone would have had me bowing down to him. My dad just laughed.

"Do you know what your doing with that kid?" He let out a menacing laugh

"I'm sure I can figure it out" Austin seemed so calm, just stood stock still . His eyes narrowed in on my dad waiting for my dads next move

"Are you going to shoot me son?" He laughed again but dragged me up and held me against his chest. "Think you've got a good enough shot kid? That you won't kill my pretty little daughter instead?"

"Yeah, I think you would be pretty stupid to underestimate me" he nods at me and aims