Hiding

The whole flight I was on edge. I wanted to reach out to Austin and tell him where I was. Tell him to go home and we could stay there and ever leave. But that wasn't fair. I couldn't drag him into this and he still had his tour to do. Mom was distracted by the first class seats to even ask why we where flying let alone where we where flying to. Once we arrived we met a car outside and they took us to a beautiful house that we where obviously staying at. It looked like a large house at least 4 bedrooms, it was rustic with alot of windows. All I could think was that it would look great with the sun streaming in

The door to the house opened and there stood Dre. I practically collapsed in his arms crying. I didn't realise that my management would tell him because I knew they where keeping Austin in the dark. "Baby girl, look at that bruise. Come on in everyone" he ushered us in and we where met by 4 of Austins security team. They all nodded and looked away quickly, obviously not wanting to stare at the two battered women. "So these guys will be with you at all times. This is Austins guest house so make yourselfs at home. It's nice to meet you both and I wish it was under better circumstances. Bella can I have a word privately?" I nod and we go down the corridor to an office space."How are you? "

"Just nervous, we've never took her away before. I don't know how he will react. Where's Austin? Is he OK? Does he hate me?" I grab his forearm. He puts his hand over mine.

"I ment in yourself, are you hurt? Austins devastated I'm not going to lie but I know him if we told him anything he would have made it a whole lot worse. And that boy is besotted with you, I don't think he could ever hate you" I sigh and rest my head on his shoulder.

"Good, I love him so much Dre. I'm just sore. I don't think he's broken anything"

"Broken, where?" he makes me stand up and show him. "I'm no Dr, but if you feel ok It's probably safer to stay in so you don't get seen"

"So Austin doesn't know I'm here..."

"No I'll tell him once your settled.you need to spend some time with your family" he stands up and leads us out

"Thank you so much Dre, you don't know  how much this means to me" I give him a tight squeeze. He says his goodbyes and briefs the security team. I take my Mom on the hunt for a bath. She says she wants to stay with me tonight so we put our luggage in the master suite and I go run her a bath. I have a quick shower in another room and order everyone some food. I settle down on the couch and call my manager. We discuss what we can do from here, what rights Dad has and what we can do for my Mom. We agree to call around places tomorrow and make appointments for when things have settled down. My Mom emerges from the bedroom looking small and frail. It broke my heart to she her look so unsure and frightened. She came and joined me and we just sat and cuddled. Tom came in just as the food arrived. I invited the security team to help themselves. We sat eating Pizza while we watched old reruns of 'Friends'. We made our way to bed a little more settled in our new surroundings. I wasn't sure Mom really knew what was going on. I tucked her into bed and got in beside her.

We must have slept in till at least after 14.00 the next day. Mom pottered about unpacking, still not asking many questions. She made us some lunch from the fully stocked kitchen. She was in her element with the brand new kitchen. I had conference calls with Dr's and all different clinics and health professionals. We booked her some appointments and arranged for them to move into my home on LA next week. In the meantime we would recoup here and get some security checks done at the house. Maybe upgrade the security systems. I didn't realise untill my Mom came to say goodnight that it was so late. I was catching up on some emails and all the arrangements. I got an alert on my phone that Austin was in the news. He had passed out after a show. I called Dre straight away.

"I was just about to call. I'm guessing you've seen the news?"

"What's going on? is he OK?" I was panicked, all this was my fault for stressing him out.

"He's good but I'm just about to step on the jet to bring him home, so get dressed I'm bringing him home to you. Pat will bring you to his house to meet him. I won't tell him your there" he whispered. I let out an excited squeak. I sent Austin a text, I wanted him to know I still irrevocably in love with him.

"OK, safe flight" I ran into the bedroom and rifled through the clothes I had, all of which where like 4 years old. I pulled on a plain black vest dress and a Posty Co hoodie I found in the closet. I pulled on some chunky soled boots and tried to fix my hair, not even trying to cover the bruises on my face. I let my Mom know I'm leaving and tell Tom I'll see him in the morning before Pat drives me to the most stunning house not mere 5 mins drive away from the house I'm in now. The house was all lit up waiting for us and like on cue I saw a car drive up the driveway. I clutched hold of Pats arm nervously, he patted my hand to reassure me. I watched as Austins tired form slid out of the back seat, his shoulders slumped and bags under his eyes. He started to walk towards the front door when he spotted me. He dropped to his knees immediately. I rushed over and he grabbed me clutching hold of me for dear life as he sobbed into my torso.