1.

Camila longed for a connection.. well in all honestly she really only longed for 8 inches and a brain. 8 inches or a good length to someone's fingers. Was that really too much for a woman to ask? some days it really felt like it. She was still yet to meet someone who could provide her with what she wanted. 8 inches or long fingers. Yes, Camila swung both ways... it's all she could think about, okay maybe she had never been with another woman before but that didn't mean she was disgusted with the idea of it. She was attracted to women, there was no denying in that and she was attracted to men too, but she still hadn't found the right person who she connected with.

She was working that night. She was working basically every night, one of the downfalls of being the co-owner of the nightclub she work in with Ally. She was working alone that night, to her disappointment, meaning she had to deal with the vultures coming in and out the club flirting with her, like this guy, with his tongue practically hanging from his mouth as he kept a keen eye on her all the while she mixed his third cocktail of the night.

"There" she said sliding the drink down the bar before wiping her hand on a cloth behind her to rid herself of the stickiness that leaked onto her fingers from around the glass.

The guy was accompanied with a cowboy hat, rough moustache and a beard that was too long and unkempt for Camila's liking. "And how about a phone number to go along with that" he replied forcing his squinted dull eyes open as he tried to keep his focus on her.

Camila shot him her best "not a chance, scum bag" smile as she strolled over to him on her side of the bar, offering "I have a phone number for a cab that I'd happily provide for you soon" and continued to serve a group of people who arrived at the other end of the bar.

Did he really think that line would work? Camila questioned herself, as she poured what was on tap into the glass for the people opposite her.

Camila heard her phone ring over the loud music beating around the room behind her and could only think of one person who would call at this hour while she worked her night shift. Dinah. She was already expecting a call from the girl that night after helping Normani choose an engagement ring earlier in the day and was awaiting the news, so she stopped what she was doing to go and check it - she didn't have any customers to attend to at the moment anyway. As she picked up her phone she saw the photo of her and Dinah displayed on the screen and answered right away.

"Tell me everything" she shouted down the phone over the drum of the base, knowing that her best friend would only ever reply with a big yes to her long time girlfriend.

"She proposed to me! She proposed and I said yes! We were walking across the beach to do something different after eating our weekly pizza date and she disappeared from my side and I turned to find her on one knee beside me. It was amazing Camila, I can't believe she proposed!!" Dinah exclaimed, portraying her joy down the line to Camila causing a genuine smile to cross her face.

Dinah shared more of the details about the proposal and the wedding as Camila listened intently, "You better make me bridesmaid" she butted into Dinah's ranting.

"As if I'd pick anyone else" Dinah said. "but listen, enough about me. Normani's best friend is involved with the director of the dance competition and the directors friend, Lauren is coming down to Miami tomorrow for a business trip. I told her to pay a visit to the nightclub and say hello. I told her you were gorgeous too" she continued, Camila blushed.

"Dinah, I don't need you to find me a girlfriend, but fine. But no free drinks just because she's a friend or whatever she is" Camila laughs at the situation.

"Never! but Camila, this girl? Lauren, she's smoking" Dinah follows along with Camila.

"Oh yeah, how smoking?"

"Un-be-lievable"

It was a mere 2 hours since she had spoken to Dinah on the phone. she couldn't believe her best friend was trying to set her up with someone she'd never met, although she wasn't really waiting on the woman to show up, it was often that people said they would show their face at some place and end up never coming so Camila found herself instead busying herself with her job and the customers around her until closing time came round.

Lauren's POV

It had been a long day, I was drowning in work completely and was finally glad to have the weight lifted of my shoulders after the success of the dance competition. Was it hard being an entertainment lawyer? definitely, but it's what I liked to do, what I was best at.

I was in a taxi making my way back to my hotel for a long awaited sleep before my flight the next morning, as we turned the corner however I saw flashing lights in different colours and I could hear the loud base of a song exiting speakers that must have been near by and suddenly I remembered the gorgeous bartender close in Miami: Camila.

No one's POV

As Camila was handing the hippy at the bar another drink she witnessed someone entering the club, someone she didn't remember, someone she thought she didn't know yet - a new customer. There were hardly ever new customers so it was easy for Camila to distinguish when someone new came by. She felt a shimmer of hope run through her spine towards the new customer and her previous conversation with Dinah and trying to tie the two together but she hadn't yet come up with a solution

"What can I offer you" she asked the pretty woman standing in front of her, all Camila could focus on was her eyes, how green and bright they were, she had never seen eyes so beautiful and dashing before.

"I'll take whatever is on tap, thank you" the woman replied.

Camila could feel someone's eyes on her as she poured the woman's glass so she decided to look up and she instantly made eye contact with the same pretty woman who was already staring at her and Camila felt her cheeks redden and just prayed the woman couldn't notice as she smiled to be polite.

"I take it you're Camila" and suddenly Camila's heart started pounding, worry setting in her stomach as her chest tightened, fear beginning to take over. Did she accidentally serve someone underage? Did the woman know what she got up to at the late hours of the night when she wasn't working and is now trying to get her caught...? how did she know her name?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

umm yeah... so i kinda like got a little bored and decided to try a complete story instead of just one shots.

this is my first wattpad, don't attack me i'm sensitive 😂🥺

i'm going to try and update some point during the week instead of focusing on my online class 🤣🤣 i'm probably going to make it like a weekly update idk yet. it depends if people read or not.

also, i'm set to auto caps off so if there's any point where it's supposed to be a capital.. ignore it.  thank you :)