37.

um.. so i felt bad for only updating a small chapter knowing i had the next chapter ready ☺️ also to those who have already read chapter before this, i changed book title... hope you enjoy.

---

She paused, her thumbs hovering over her smartphone. Then, She added, just so there'd be no misunderstanding, about her intent - xoxo.

......

from: ljauregui@gmail.com
to: oldfashioned@gmail.com
date: April 16, 7:48 AM
subject: What I'm thinking about. . .

Everything. Your hair. Your ass. Your beautiful breasts. Your lips. You curled up in my bed. Your attitude. Most of all, why the fuck you left like that.

from: oldfashioned@gmail.com
to: ljauregui@gmail.com
date: April 16, 11:08 AM
subject: The other thoughts please

Something came up. Can we go back to those other items instead?

from: ljauregui@gmail.com
to: oldfashioned@gmail.com
date: April 16, 5:48 PM
subject: Not sure. . .

I don't know. Can we?

from: oldfashioned@gmail.com
to: ljauregui@gmail.com
date: April 16, 11:48 PM
subject: Be sure. . .

You tell me.

from: ljauregui@gmail.com
to: oldfashioned@gmail.com
date: April 17, 6:48 AM
subject: Ball. In. Your. Court.

You tell me what you're wearing. You tell me if you can't stop thinking about me. You tell me why you're not here spread across my lap, that beautiful ass calling out for my palm.

from: oldfashioned@gmail.com
to: ljauregui@gmail.com
date: April 17, 9:48 AM
subject: Served

So you're saying you want to spank me?

from: ljauregui@gmail.com
to: oldfashioned@gmail.com
date: April 17, 3:48 PM
subject: Hand is ready

You have no idea.

from: oldfashioned@gmail.com
to: ljauregui@gmail.com
date: April 17, 3:49 PM
subject: Ass is too

Oh, I have an idea. I definitely have an idea. And I would like that very much too. I also think you have a thing for my ass.

from: ljauregui@gmail.com
to: oldfashioned@gmail.com
date: April 17, 11:48 PM
subject: More on that

it's perfection. I want to bite it. Lick it, Smack it. Grab it hard while I fuck you.

from: oldfashioned@gmail.com
to: ljauregui@gmail.com
date: April 18, 1:01 AM
subject: Which means. . .

So you still want me, I take it?

from: ljauregui@gmail.com
to: oldfashioned@gmail.com
date: April 18, 7:01 AM
subject: Yes

You know I do. that didn't change.

from: oldfashioned@gmail.com
to: ljauregui@gmail.com
date: April 18, 11:34 AM
subject: Ditto. . .

I still want you . . .

Lauren stared at the computer screen, her fingers hovering over the keys, considering a reply. But damn, those words were mocking her. I still want you. How could she say that with the way she'd left? It made no sense, and Lucy had spelled it out for her in no uncertain terms that if Camila wanted to play ball, she'd be at the plate, not skipping and frolicking along the foul lines, darting in and out of sight. Lauren pushed away from her keyboard, like an alcoholic trying to step away from the bar. Grabbing a pen and contract from the pile of papers on her desk, she tossed her phone onto her desk, left her office, and locked the door.

If she stayed within typing distance of either device, she'd surely keep up with this volley with Camila. Because she was irresistible to her as she had been that very first night. With her head down the whole way, she headed to a bench outside Wilacre Park and settled onto it, trying her best to dive into the fine print on a licensing deal that the actress Veronica Iglesias needed wrapped up before she opened a new restaurant in Los Angeles in a few weeks. Lauren didn't usually do restaurant deals, but Veronica was a long-time client and had asked her to look over the terms with the other co-owner. Lauren shoved her hand through her hair as she studied the fine print, but soon the words she knew backwards and forwards, like indemnify and liability, were levitating off the page and she could barely put them in context. Reading this was a slow, cruel tease because she couldn't focus on a damn thing.

Camila weaved in front of her like a damn mirage, tantalizing and teasing her. Whenever she opened or closed her eyes, she was there. Beautiful and beckoning. She lured Lauren in. She could picture Camila, she could feel the trace of her, touch the outline of her. Camila had left a mark on her and Lauren wanted her day after day, night after night.

She swore loudly and looked up. No one noticed her cursing. No one cared. It was California, and the city spun on its own axis. So she sat and stared at the lunchtime crowds, at a harried doctor rushing by in her scrubs, at a guy in a suit, tugging at his tie while tapping out a message on his phone, at a pair of women in sharp jeans and sweaters, each balancing a cardboard tray of lattes in their hands. A bus trudged by on Hughes Avenue, pulling up to the stop and letting off several passengers who looked equally hurried as they raced to their destinations. Somehow, the chaos of the city soothed the tangled knots in her chest for the moment, and calmed her mind. She took a deep fuelling breath, and returned once more to the contract.

A half-hour later, she'd found the one clause that concerned her the most, so when she met Veronica for lunch she told her about the points she wanted to iron out.

"That's why I keep you around, girl" the actor said, flashing her trademark smile that made men swoon and patrons pay top dollar to see her face in lights, "You're going to come see me in The Usual Suspects, right?"

"As if I'd miss it" Lauren said, and mentally marked the date on her calendar to see the stage adaptation of the hit film.

They spent the rest of the meal talking about Vero's upcoming work, the movies they'd both loved and loathed, and sports, always sports.

When lunch ended, Lauren simply hoped she could keep harnessing that focus, and use it to stay on track in her business. She didn't need a repeat. When she returned to her office, refreshed - mostly - from the few hours away from electronics  tethers, she clicked on her phone and found another message from the woman who was never far from her mind.

from: oldfashioned@gmail.com
to: ljauregui@gmail.com
date: April 18, 2:23 PM
subject: On the subject of wanting. . .

So unbelievably much. . . in every single way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

yall idk why but i thought email transfers between the two of them would be cool, so i gotta keep it up now... oops :)