14.

"You're right" Lauren laced her fingers through Camila's, guiding her back through the sliding glass doors, "I don't name my plants" 

......

They returned to the living room with its dark-brown sofa, a sturdy coffee table that held a couple books, magazines and a few framed photos. There was a picture of Lauren in a suit, standing next to another woman, a gorgeous one too.

"Where was that taken?"

"Tony Awards a few years ago. That's Alexa. She's a friend and a client. That was taken the night she won her first Tony. Bitch has a lot of them. Three now" Lauren said, shaking her head, but clearly proud of the accomplishment. 

"And this?" she pointed to a shot of her next to another man and a woman with similar features regarding Lauren's - distinct jawlines, porcelain skin, the only difference they had from Lauren was their brown eyes. 

"Younger brother, Chris. And even younger sister, Taylor" 

"Where are they?" before Lauren could answer Camila held up a hand, "Wait. Don't tell me more"

Lauren furrowed her brows, "Why?"

"Because I'm famished"

"And that means you can't talk or listen?"

"It means I'm saving that conversation so we can have it over food" she said playfully, as she started unbuttoning Lauren's shirt she was wearing. 

"You're afraid we're going to run out of things to talk about so you want to make sure to save a topic for food?"

She wagged a finger at Lauren, "No. I simply want to eat. Now, are you going to cook for me or take me out?"

"There's this thing called take out. Want Pizza?"

Camila flinched inside at the mention. The last thing in the world she wanted was Pizza. She hated that Austin and his games had ruined that cuisine for her. Sometimes, she just wanted a plate of cold cheese and dough, but they reminded her of all the crap she had to deal with till she was even with Austin. If  she'd ever be even with that fucker. Some days, freedom felt a lifetime away. Austin had her in chains, and even though she hadn't asked for his permission to go away for the weekend, he knew she was gone. She was impatiently aware that this was only a temporary leave from the jail she was in back home. 

The jail no one knew about. She refused to tell a soul - it was too shameful what had happened that made Austin turn her into his property. But she also kept her mouth shut because she didn't want those men to sink there claws into the people she loved. She protected her best friend, her work colleagues, even her hairdresser with her silence. 

But she didn't want Austin infecting her time away. She shoved all her thoughts of debts and guns and knives back into a dark corner of her mind.

"Lauren" she said, in a chiding tone, "I can get good Pizza like that - " she snapped her fingers, "- in Miami. I want something that tastes like California" The lie rolled of her tongue shamelessly, but Lauren didn't need to know why she wasn't taking her up on her offer for Pizza. "I want to go out. To some place filled with brooding Californians rather than Miami hipsters. Something that makes me feel like I am in Studio City"

"My mistake. I assumed you getting naked meant you wanted to eat in" Lauren said, eyeing her up and down as she unbuttoned the shirt.

"I'm not getting naked" she said, "I'm changing into my clothes"

Lauren reached for her, gripping Camila's wrist in her hand, "Don't"

"Don't change?"

Lauren shook her head, "Wear my shirt"

"I don't even have a bra on" she pointed out, as id Lauren's idea was ridiculous. 

"I know" Lauren said, her lips curving up, "I like that"

"You like me all free-range?"

"You have beautiful breasts. I want to be tortured knowing they are just one layer away from me, and covered only by something I was wearing an hour ago" Lauren said, trailing her fingers along the edge of the shirt, barely touching her exposed chest. A shiver ran down Camila's spine. 

"And what about my bottom half? You want me to strut around naked from the waist down?"

"I want you to put that skirt back on. Do not put on underwear. Just your heels, your skirt, and my shirt" Lauren said in a firm voice, She held Camila's gaze, her eyes darker than usual, waiting for an answer.

"Are you giving me an order?" Camila asked, pushing her fingers through her hair that was still messy from sex. But she'd never minded sex hair. As far as she was concerned, it was a look that should be listed on the menu at all blowout salons. Updo, blown straight, or sex hair?  I'll take sex hair, thank you very much.

"I'm giving you a request. One that I very much want you to fulfil" Lauren said, grabbing Camila's hand and bringing her palm to her lips. She kissed her, her tongue soft and wet against Camila's skin. Camila never expected being kissed on her palm would be so erotic, but it was, because everything about Lauren was charged with her smouldering womanhood, like a trailing scent of lingering sexiness that surrounded her. She was familiar with the term "sex-on-a-stick" but that didn't even begin to describe this woman. Lauren was masterful, and she touched her in ways that felt natural. As if it weren't possible to truly feel that good. But, this was no mere dream. It was an intoxicating sliver of reality.

"What if I want to wear underwear?" she said, challenging Lauren because it was fun, because she could, and because he wasn't going to pull a knife on her if she did. Here, she could be herself without fear of retaliation with a weapon. What a relief that was.

"Then I will take it off at the table. So as far as i can see, you can leave your panties here, or I can remove them from you at the restaurant. That clear?"

She nodded, "Commando it is then. And I'm going to make you crazy with wanting me that you might regret telling me to go naked"

"Impossible. I'd never regret you naked"

On their way out, Camila grabbed her clutch purse and her phone. The message light flashed. 

"Damn" she muttered, when she saw the text from Dinah. Are you alive?? Or are you otherwise occupied? I need to know if I  should call the cops or congratulate you. 

Camila grinned at the note. Lauren raised her eyebrows in question.

"My best friend" she explained, tapping a quick reply. "I told her I'd text her when I landed. She worries about me"

"So much that it brings out that naughty grin on your face?" Lauren asked, swiping her thumb across Camila's lips, and it was both sexy, but also sceptical. As if she didn't quite believe her. 

But this time she was telling the truth. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I feel like it took me forever to write this chapter, but here you go. 

let me know what you think.