Chapter 33 | San Fransisco

Link to Pinterest board: https://www.pinterest.com/akatef1168/what-now/chapter-33/

(Third Person POV)

"Niall come on. You haven't been out with us in weeks." Zayn prods. Niall turns over in his bunk to face the empty wall. 

"It'll be good for you," Louis chimes in. He ignores him and pulls his blanket up over his head. 

"You don't know what's good for me."

"It's certainly not this," He waves towards the lump under the blanket. "The only time you get out of bed is when we drag you out of it."

"-S not true,"

"Using the bathroom and eating doesn't count," Niall grunts, his arm fighting out from beneath the blanket to shut the curtain. 

"Niall, please, just this once." Liam grabs the curtain causing Niall to let out a frustrated huff. "We won't bother you about it again. Plus, the fans are getting worried about you."

"Just this once," He whispers and starts to stand up, flinching as the cold air hits his bare chest.

"That's what I'm talking about," Liam slaps him on the back and Niall glares back at him. The once happy-go-lucky man had gone, only to be replaced by a vat of emptiness. "Sorry."

"Do you think he'll ever get over it?" Harry asks the boys once Niall had disappeared into the bathroom. "I mean, it's been weeks since the breakup and he's still only a ghost of himself."

"I don't know," Zayn says in a hushed tone. "I'm worried about him."

"Me too. I just don't get why he did it," Louis whispers. Before anyone answers, Niall walks out of the bathroom with a pair of skinny jeans and a t-shirt on. His hair is fixed but, his face is still drained of life and color. 

"You ready?" He asks. His expression empty. 

"Yeah," They all stand up, studying the boy's face as they walk by, trying to find any hint of emotion. They come up empty. "We're going to the pub up the street if that's okay with you."

"-S fine. Let's go before I change my mind."

"Hey," A blonde woman in a tight dress approaches Niall, sitting alone at the bar while the boys fight over a game of pool. His eyes never leave the ice sinking in his drink. She leans closer trailing her painted nails up his bare arm. "What are you doing here alone?" 

"Leave me alone," He whispers as the alcohol pulses through his veins, rushing to his head. 

"Oh," She smirks and leans closer, taking a sip from the thin black straw resting on the side of her martini glass. "You want to play hard to get huh? How about I buy you another drink?" She taps the edge of the bartender and points at the blonde sitting next to her, still avoiding eye contact.

"I don't want another drink. Leave me alone," His voice gets louder out of frustration. The woman refuses to give up and presses her chest up against his arm as she whispers in his ear. 

"We both know you don't mean that," Her mouth lingers above his ear until she grips his face, forcing him to look into her dark brown eyes. She slams her lips into his. Niall struggles, pushing on her shoulders but, she's persistent. Her red nails dig into the sides of his cheeks keeping his head in place. 

Niall finally grips the woman's arms and throws them off of him. "I said leave me alone!" He wipes the smeared lipstick off of his lips with the back of his hands and storms out of the pub leaving the woman stranded, alone with a disgusting grin set upon her cold features. She whips out her phone and fixes her lipstick seemingly unbothered when the boys approach her on their way after Niall.