Chapter 29 | Football

(Niall's POV)

"Shit," The small whisper was enough to wake me up. Diana peels her eyes off of the floor, her brows lifted as she holds up the tray in her hands. "I brought you breakfast," She smiles almost guiltily as she keeps glancing down at the floor. "Well minus the coffee." I laugh softly as I spot the spilled coffee on the floor. 

"Thanks, babe," I kiss her on the cheek as she sets the tray down in my lap. 

"You're welcome," She smiles, "I'll be right back." She turns quickly on her heels and starts to the door. She takes a step and her foot slips out from under her, probably because of the giant puddle of coffee, she falls backward and I swear she got a solid two seconds of air time before her back smacked onto the ground. I try my best to suppress the laugh building up in my chest as she groans and rolls onto her side clutched her back. 

"Ni call 911," She groaned. "I think I'm dying. If this is it please tell Zayn I love him."

"Oh ouch!" I bring my hand to my chest pretending to be offended as she continues to roll around on the floor, writhing in pain. "You know I was going to help you but, now I think I will stay right here and enjoy my breakfast."

"Oh shut it, you can't help me anyways your crippled," She winces as she tries to stand up still keeping a hand on her back. She lets out a quick breath and turns around again. She slips again but catches herself this time, she regains her balance and straightens her posture, and walks out of the room as if she was some kind of businesswoman. As soon as she leaves the laugh that I tried so hard to keep down bubbles up and escapes from my lips. 

"Stop laughing," Diana yells from the other room. 

"I'm not laughing," The sentence comes out more sarcastic than anything. 

"I'm going to take your Nandos Black Card away!" She threatens causing me to laugh even harder. The laughter sends sharp pains through my bruised ribs which turns the laugh into a long coughing fit. Diana hurries back into the room with another tray with cereal and two cups of coffee. She sets the tray down on the night table and starts rubbing my back as she hands me one of the cups of coffee. Eventually, the coughing calmed down and I could actually breathe again. "You ok?"

"Yeah -m fine," 

"Here take these," She hands me two white pills that I wash down with a sip of coffee. 

"Thank you," I smile up at her, she scoffs and rolls her eyes but, she's smiling nonetheless. She grabs her tray and crawls over me careful not to hurt me or spill her breakfast. "There's still coffee on the floor," I whisper to her. 

"Bloody hell," She leans her head back onto the headboard and sighs. "Oh well, I'll get it later. Do you want to watch a movie?" 

"Yeah, have we got the time?"

"The match doesn't start till 1, it's 9 o'clock so we should be fine." The boys and I were supposed to play in a charity football match, obviously, I cannot play but, Di and I were planning on going anyway to watch. It'll be the first time since the accident that I leave the house and I could not be more relieved. Di left every now and then for work but, never long so it'll be good for the both of us. "We're watching Finding Nemo. You made me watch Forrest Gump so it's only fair."

"Fine," I sigh knowing the emotional rollercoaster I am about to experience. Something about this movie just pulled at my heartstrings. "You can't make fun of me though."

"Why would I make fun of you? That part with the barracuda is absolutely devastating."

"Right?!" She laughs and hits play. I sink back into a more comfortable position and take a bite of my toast while trying my hardest to hold back my tears. Poor Marlin. That barracuda took his wife and family from him. Nemo is all he has left.