Chapter 14 | I'm Sorry

"I love you," He mumbles against my lips.

"I love you too,"

My arms connect behind Niall's neck. The movement of our lips speed up as the kiss grows with more passion. The air is filled with warmth and lust. I was too focused on the boy whose lips were connected with mine to hear to sound of the door click.

"What the fuck?"

I quickly detach myself from Niall. I stumble backward on the bed, leaning on my hands behind me. My feet slip on the sheets as I try to back away. Harry stands in the doorway, jaw clenched, and his fists squeezed shut tightly, his knuckles almost white. I swallow, wetting my dry throat. He stares at me. There's an expression in his eyes that I've never seen before. They looked angry and even hurt. Before I can say anything he storms out of the room, feet heavy on the floor, and slams the door behind him. 

 I don't say anything to Niall, I don't even look at him. I slip off the bed a jog towards the door. I need to find Harry. I need to talk to him. I don't think I have ever seen him this mad especially not at me. I can't stand to see him this way and it's all because of me. The frown on his lips when he stared at me was enough to break me. I can't lose my best friend. 

My sweaty palms grasp the door handle and yank it open. The door slams against the wall but right now the only thing on my mind is finding Harry. I turn my head looking down the hallway urgently at any sign of the curly-haired boy. The hallway is clear, Harry couldn't have gone far enough to where I couldn't see him. He went into his room. I rush over to his door and knock desperately trying to get an answer. Nothing but silence comes from his room. I continue to knock. 

"Harry please, I need to explain," I beg, the cold hard surface of the wood against my palm. "Harry, I'm sorry I should have told you sooner. This is all my fault," I whisper the last part. Tears build up in my eyes. It may seem like a normal fight but this wasn't normal. At least not for us anyway. We've never fought before, sure we bickered occasionally but, this was different. I press my back up against the door and sink to the floor when I realize he isn't going to open his door. I sob into my arms. He's never going to want to talk to me again. 

"Diana?" I hastily wipe the tears from my eyes with the sleeve of my shirt and lookup. Liam is standing in front of me his facial features soft. His concerned eyes drift over me. I sniffle and I wipe my nose on my sleeve trying to regain my composure. Liam crouches down in front of me and reaches his arm out to stroke my upper arm. I can't bear to look him in the eyes so I focus on studying every detail of his shoes. "Are you ok? What are you doing out here?"

"He won't talk to me," I erupt into another sob tears now steadily flow down my cheeks. Liam is quick to sit next to me and wrap me in his arms. I turn over and bury my head into his shoulder. He strokes my back gently and rests his chin atop my head. 

"Shhh, it's going to be okay," Liam says in a soothing voice. It almost calms me but then I start to wonder what if it's not? What if Harry never forgives me? I'm in love with his best friend and I never told him. I was going to tell him, I was. He wasn't supposed to find out like this, this wasn't supposed to happen. He probably hates me now and he won't let me talk to him. 

The thoughts continue to wreak havoc in my mind. Liam's thumbs rub circles into my back. "Do you want to talk about it?" He whispers. I shake my head he seems to understand and he wraps his arms tightly around me. "Come on, let's go to my room," He smiles at me gently as if he was afraid that a wrong look would send me spiraling into insanity. Which was probably right. He wraps one of his arms under mine and stands up, lifting me off the ground with him. 

"He knows," I finally am able to mutter out after we had been sitting silently in his bed. Liam was patiently waiting, trying his best to comfort me. He had made us both a cup of tea but, I wasn't in the mood. Liam's eyebrows knitted together.