Chapter 8 | The Interview

"Harry, have you seen my phone?" I yell at Harry who is in the bathroom brushing his teeth while I look under the cushions of the sofa, throwing the pillows everywhere.

"No," Harry manages to say with his mouth full of toothpaste. I groan and turn my attention back to the couch.

"Will you two shut it," Zayn says peeking out from behind the curtain of his bunk.

"I HAVE TO FIND MY GODDAMN PHONE ZAYN" I throw one of the pillows from the couch over my shoulder and it hits Zayn square in the face. Zayn mumbles something and ducks his head back behind the curtain.

Something taps on my shoulder and I jump, dropping the cushions that were in my hand. I turn around to see Niall standing there smiling at me. He lifts his arm and I shift my eyes to focus on his hand and I see he has my phone in his hands. I quickly grab the phone from his hand and wrap my arms around his neck. Niall's hands tighten around my waist and lift me up so my feet dangle in the air.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" I squeal into his ear. Niall presses his lips into my hair and I smile and sink further into his arms. Thankfully the rest of the boys are asleep and Harry is in the shower so no one can see us. "Okay put me down I have to be at the airport in," I check my watch, "30 minutes, shit."

I quickly brush past Niall and grab a small backpack that I had packed and walk back to Niall. I tuck my head into his chest and he pulls me in tightly around my shoulders. "Good luck," Niall whispers into my hair. I lean up and plant a quick kiss onto his lips before pulling away and looking around to see if anyone saw. Thankfully no one did.

"I'll miss you," I whisper to him as I blow a kiss towards him and walk backwards towards the door.

"Bye boys!" I yell and Liam and Zayn respond with tired groans. I giggle and walk out of the door.

The cab driver drops me off in front of a tall building made up almost entirely of windows. I smooth down my straight leg jeans. I had decided to wear a plain white bodysuit tank top with a pair of straight-leg jeans and white high-top converse. My hair was pulled back into a small bun where my middle part was still visible.

I stood there staring at the intimidating building for too long before I worked up the nerve to walk in.

The lobby is furnished with white leather couches and white marble floors. "Hello my name is Diana, I have an interview for 11:00," I say to the young woman sat behind the front desk with her glasses resting on the tip of her nose reflecting her computer screen.

"Of course right this way," The woman stood up and grabbed a folder off of her desk and waved her hand gesturing that I follow her. The sound of her heels echoed through the quiet building. I stepped into the small elevator before the younger woman who stayed behind to keep the doors open. She takes a step forward and presses the level 8 button.

I stand there wringing my hands nervously and watch as the floor levels go up until it finally stops at level 8. The woman places her hand on the side of the elevator door and nods towards a glass office room a couple of feet in front of the elevator. "Ms. Wintour is waiting for you in her office," She grins and I nod my head and watch as the elevator doors close in front of me.

I nervously traipse towards the office mumbling encouraging words to myself as I approach the door. I quickly shake out my limbs and reach my arm forward to knock on the blurred, glass door.

"Come in," I hear a voice call from inside. I slowly opened the door and I am greeted by a petite woman with a short, brown, bob with bangs, looking up at me from above her glasses, still holding various papers in her frail-looking hands. "You must be Diana. Please take a seat," Ms. Wintour extends her arm out towards the chair on the other side of the desk from where she is sitting. I walk over and shake her hand before sitting down in the uncomfortable chair.