Chapter 10 | Secrets

I woke up to the lads having a loud conversation outside of my hotel room. I check the time and groan before climbing out of bed and slipping on a t-shirt that was laying on the floor. The door frame creeks as I lean against it, peering through the slightly opened door. I spot the boys walking into the room next to mine with a McDonald's bag. The boy's walk into the room, Niall was last to approach the doorway. He was rubbing his neck, looking around nervously until his eyes met mine and they widened as they trailed down to my shirt. Niall's face had turned pink as he nodded in the direction of the t-shirt I was wearing.  My eyes shoot down to the t-shirt which I do not recognize at first and then I look at the design on the t-shirt and realize Niall was wearing this shirt the day before. My head snaps around to look at the room number. I was in room 810. My room was 809, which the boys were walking into with breakfast.

    Then I remembered how I snuck into Niall's room last night when the boys had gone to sleep. He had given me a spare key to his room so once I knew the boys had gone to sleep I slowly crept my way over there. Niall had been asleep so I climbed into the bed next to him and laid my head on his chest and wrapped my arms around his waist and fell asleep to the rhythm of his heartbeat. Niall had whispered something to me in the morning but I was half asleep so I didn't hear what he said. He must have told me I should get back to my room before they get back but, of course, I didn't listen.

    I quickly duck back into the room and change t-shirts before grabbing the ice bucket and sprinting down the hallway to the ice machines. I filled the ice bucket and slowly made my way back to my room. As I get closer to my room I see the boys leaving my room muttering things to each other. Louis sees me first "Oi! Diana where have you been? We got breakfast!"

    "I went to get more ice," I say gesturing to the bucket in my hands.

    "Well, we are going to eat in Liam's room, so meet us in there we got your pancakes!" Harry says to me as they enter Liam's room. Niall tells the boys something and he stays behind as the door closes behind Zayn. He walks towards me and looks around before giving me a peck on the lips. He grabs the ice bucket and walks back into his room.

    "Getting ice? Really?" Niall says with a giggle. "That was the best you could come up with?" Niall asks cheekily as he sets the ice bucket down. I will never be able to get enough of his Irish accent. I lean against the doorframe as he brushes past me towards Liam's room.

    "Hey!" I playfully slap him in the chest, "It was the best I could come up within such short notice. At least it worked,"

    Niall just scoffs and shakes his head. He snakes an arm around my waist and pulls me off of the doorframe planting a short, passionate kiss on my lips before letting go. I was fully aware that we were in a hallway where anyone could see us and I'm sure Niall was too but we didn't care at this moment. I smiled when Niall grabbed my hand and dragged me towards Liam's room. He dropped my hand and knocked on the door.

    The boys all sat on the floor around a small coffee table eating their breakfasts. Niall and I sat down on opposite ends of the table.

    "So, Nialler how'd ya sleep?" Liam asked, breaking the silence. Niall choked on his biscuit and was sent into a coughing fit at this question. My cheeks felt hot as I looked over at Niall and back at Liam who turned his head and sent me a subtle wink.

    "Fine," Niall replied once he began to breathe steadily again. I couldn't help but laugh at how high his voice had gotten. I stuck my leg out underneath the table to gently rub against Niall's knee. His shoulders relaxed and he seemed to have calmed down. He grinned at me from the other side of the table and squeezed my foot. I smiled back making sure the boys didn't notice and returned to my food.