Chapter 37 | Epilogue Pt.3

https://pin.it/6uvR1uM : Section Epilogue | Home

*Six years later*

"Shit, sorry," Diana stands up in a hurry, nearly knocking her chair over and startling her hair and makeup artists. She sprints towards the bathrooms dodging distracted crew members and clothing racks. The stall door slams across the wall, she falls to her knees clutching the sides of the toilet as she empties the contents of her stomach into the bowl.

"Di? Everything okay?" Gigi's voice echoes through the bathroom. She wipes her mouth and sits up as Gigi slowly pushes the door open. 

"Yeah, just feeling a little sick," Gigi holds her hand out which Diana grabs. She sways a bit when she stands up, feeling slightly dizzy but, she quickly dismisses it and walks back out with Gigi so she's not late for the start of the show. 

"You sure you're okay?" Gigi places a hand on her shoulder, Diana turns to her nodding her head.

"Probably ate something bad is all," Gigi smiles at her and drops her hand. 

"Alright well, I've got to go get fitted. Text me if you need anything okay?" Diana nods her head again and heads back to her chair to get her makeup finished. 

She's sitting backstage at a Jacquemus about to go on and she's still feeling a bit nauseous so she downs a bottle of water in an attempt to keep it down at least until the show is over. 

Diana steps out onto the runway facing the bright lights with her head held high, shoulders back and her hair swinging side to side tickling her lower back. The rush she gets every time she walks down a runway is unlike anything she's ever felt and after all of these years, it still hasn't gone away.  

"Thank God," She whispers to herself after successfully walking the show without throwing up. She slips out of her dress and tugs on a pair of jeans and a jumper and makes her way out of the exit. There is a crowd of paparazzi waiting outside but, thankfully, Diana has a bodyguard waiting, holding the door open so she can climb in the car without any trouble. The car door slams behind her and the overlapping shouting are dulled, soothing the headache wreaking havoc on her head. 

"Hey Ni," She says when Niall picks up the phone. 

"Hey babe, you okay?" He sounds concerned. Diana had no idea how Niall always knew when something was wrong. She's said two words and apparently, those two words told him enough. 

"I think I might be coming down with something is all."

"Oh, I'm sorry. I'll get some medicine out for you. You're on your way right?"

"Thanks, baby. I'm in the car right now about 20 minutes out,"

"Perfect, I've got a meat pie in the oven for when you get home."

"Mum's recipe?" Diana's stomach growls and draws even more attention to how empty it is. 

"Just how you like it."

"You're a lifesaver, Mr. Horan."

" Anything for you Mrs. Horan," Niall puts on a posh accent.

"-Mm" Diana smiles as a soothing wave crashes over her and floods her body with warmth. "Say that again."

"Mrs. Horan," He laughs on the other end of the line. "It's been six years."

"I know, I know but, I still love hearing it."

"Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit," Niall repeats over and over again while loud beeping echoes through the phone. "Sorry I've got to go before our house burns down," A nervous giggle rises out of him and Diana shakes her head, burying it in her palm. "Love you."