Chapter 12 | New York City

Niall and I lay in his bed after the boys had gone to sleep after their concert. We lie awake sharing deep conversations about anything and everything. Niall sits up and scoots to the edge of the bed to get a better look at the picturesque view of New York City that lies beyond the window. I crawl across the bed to where he sat and wrap my arms around his neck, laying my head on his shoulder. I admire the way the city's light illuminates his already pale blue eyes.

We sit there in a comfortable silence bathing in the warmth of one another's embrace.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" Niall whispers. I nod my head slowly and kiss his cheek. My lips linger over his cheek as his face turns. He grabs my cheek in his hand and pulls me in for a tender kiss filled with passion and care. He slowly pulls away and rests his forehead against mine. His breath warms my face. I close my eyes to savor the moment.

"I got you something," Niall smiles against my lips. He slips off of the bed and reaches into a suitcase pulling out a box. He hands the fairly medium-sized box and I smile at the gesture.

"You didn't have to get me anything,"

"I know but I want to spoil you," I grin and look down at the box and begin to open it up. I tuck my hair behind my ear and reach down into the box. I pull out a long, silk, pale pink slip dress.

"Niall it's beautiful," I said admiring the dress. I throw my arms around his neck and pull him close to me. "Thank you, love,"

"Your welcome. Now go put it on. I want to see how it looks," I give him a quick peck on the lips before grabbing the dress off of the bed and walking towards the bathroom. I slip off the t-shirt I was wearing and stick my feet through the opening of the gorgeous gift.

I take a glance at myself in the mirror. Quickly, I grab a hair clip from the counter and throw my hair into a bun.

(Hairstyle)

(Hairstyle)

I walk back out of the bathroom. Niall stares at me. But it's not the kind of stare that makes you feel uncomfortable or insecure. It was the kind of stare that filled you with warmth and a sense of love and belonging.

He walks towards me. His eyes trail up and down my body as a grin spreads across his face. His hands land on my hips and he kisses me softly.

"You look beautiful, angel," I blush and kiss him back. "I got you one more thing,"

"Niall this is too much," I try to tell him.

"Nothing is too much when it comes to you. If I could I would buy you the whole world," At this moment I couldn't be happier. No one had ever treated me this well. All of my past boyfriends didn't care about me. They made me think they liked me or even loved me but they really just wanted me for my body. It made me feel like shit. Like no one wanted me for who I am. They treated me like some toy that they could just throw away once they got tired of it.