Chapter 22 | Home

"I guess this is it," The airport was crowded with people. We stood in the middle of it all prepared to all go our separate ways. Louis pulls Liam and Harry in first while gesturing for the rest of us to join in on the group hug. Harry's arms almost reach all the way around all five of us. Eventually, when we pull away I take a look around, each person's eyes were glazed with tears. 

"I'm going to miss seeing you lot every day," I giggle, trying to hold back the wave of sadness that came over me. Liam pulls me into his side.

"Yeah, me too," He agrees. "It's going to be weird not waking up in a tour bus or hotel every night," 

"We can still Facetime whenever," Harry adds trying to lighten the mood. "It's only a couple of months it shouldn't be too bad," Harry was probably right but, it was hard right now. It's difficult from seeing the same people's faces every day to only seeing them on a screen. They deserve a break too even if it's only for a couple of months. 

-

Liam, Louis, and Zayn had left to get on their flights home. Harry had a hard time saying goodbye to Louis. He's only two hours away so they can still visit each other. Niall on the other hand was in a completely different country. 

Tears spilled over onto my cheeks. I held onto Niall like it was the last time I would ever be able to touch him. I didn't ever want to let go. He pulls away and grabs both sides of my face before slamming his lips onto mine. A familiar spark lit up in my chest. 

"I love you,"

"I love you too,"

Harry comes over and pats Niall on the shoulder and says his goodbyes. Harry's hand then moves to my shoulder guiding me towards our flight. My hand trails behind me not letting go of Niall's until he's out of reach. His hand drops to his side and he smiles at me. The smile attempted to cover up the sadness that lingered in his eyes. Harry hugs me into his side when the tears start coming in more and more. 

"It's going to be okay," He kisses the top of my head. 

"I'm gonna miss him,"

"I know," He whispers comfortingly. "I know."

"I'm overreacting," I suddenly look up from the ring I had been fiddling with for almost the entire flight. "It's not like he died, I'm going to see him again," I start to ramble but, Harry stops me by putting his hand on my shoulder. 

"Look at me," I look up at him, "You're not overreacting. You've never been apart from him this long since you two started dating. It's gonna hurt at first but, it will get better I promise."

"Thanks, H" He puts an arm around me and I fall asleep on his shoulder for the rest of the flight. 

-

"Mum? Dad?" I call out as I drag my bags into the empty kitchen. 

"Di!" My mum comes running out first nearly knocking the wind out of me when she hugs me. I drop my bags and wrap my arms around her. "I missed you so much," 

"I missed you to mum,"

"Hey! What about me?" My dad walks into the room and quickly gives me a side hug before grabbing my bags. 

"Missed you too dad," He carries my bags into my room, I sit down at the kitchen table when my mum returns to the table with two cups of steaming hot tea. 

"So.. When do I get to meet this Niall you've talked so much about?" I blush slightly even though I had talked to her about him over the phone most nights.