a heart pt.three || chaeryoung.taehyun

<<<

<<<

she did.

they did what they wanted until he was on a hospital bed.

there's hope.

"will you marry me?"

taehyun head whipped to her direction as she held up one of the cheese rings she brought with a straight face. judging her with a look of disgust, he pulled open a small drawer on the table next to him, taking out a small box.

her jaw dropped.

"i was joking?!"

he smirked at her freaked out reaction, confident that she was going to say yes.

"i'm more expensive than a cheese ring—honestly a ring pop would have been an upgrade."

"holy—is that real?!"

"duh."

it was a simple gold band, with a small crown of diamonds at the top.

"i picked it out for a simpleton—i still think you're a gold digger by the way."

she scoffed.

"and you're still marrying me?"

he pretended to not be giddy, but was failing miserably.

as gently as she could, she tackled him into a big hug.

<<<

with hope comes the risk of disappointment.

this was disappointment.

he looked so frail now. like he was made out of glass. now she sees, finally, that he was dying. really dying.

"i don't want to be here," he said, breaking the silence that stretched in the air. she sat next to him, leaning her head on his shoulder.

"okay."

the roof was open air looking out on the buildings of the city. the sun was rising—a start to a beautiful saturday morning. taking the oxygen tank with them, she walked with him to the elevator. slowly.

"i'm not elderly," he said, trying to speed her up a bit. she was walking like a snail and supporting him like she was prepared for his knees to give out on him.

"you might as well be."

their chuckles filled the quiet peacefulness of the hospital.

they sat next to each other, arms staying linked.

"it's pretty," she said, resting her head on his shoulder. immediately, she felt his rest atop of hers, humming in response.

his blue knitted sweater was blocking out the cold left from winter. they were at the same place where they got married. although rushed, and somewhere they weren't expecting, it meant all the same.